Vildagliptin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT VILDAGLIPTIN
VILDAGLIPTIN is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes along with other anti-diabetes medicines.
• Swelling (face, lips, tongue and throat)
• Headache and Dizziness
• Hypoglycemia (sudden drop in blood glucose levels)
• Nausea and vomiting
• Liver diseases
• Stomach upset
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR VILDAGLIPTIN
• Take VILDAGLIPTIN with or without food. Take it once per day or as advised by your doctor. For best results take it at a fixed time everyday.
• Remember to always monitor your blood glucose levels despite medicine intake.
• A low- carbohydrate healthy diet and 45 mins of brisk walk daily along with VILDAGLIPTIN has been found to give very good results in people with type 2 diabetes.
• Routinely get your liver function tests done to check for proper functioning of the liver.
• Before driving or performing any strenuous activity after taking VILDAGLIPTIN make sure your blood glucose levels are in good control.
• Do not hesitate to speak with a doctor if you experience hazy vision, yellowing of skin, shaky hands, extreme anxiousness, severe stomach pain and profuse sweating.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Can I take VILDAGLIPTIN with thyroid medicines? A. VILDAGLIPTIN can be safely taken along with thyroid medicines. However, doctor will adjust the dose accordingly. Discuss with your doctor to guide you with the timings and the correct dosage.
Q. Who should not take VILDAGLIPTIN? A. VILDAGLIPTIN is usually a safe drug. However, VILDAGLIPTIN should not be taken by patients with known liver diseases. Infact one should periodically get their liver profile tests done to ensure proper functioning of the liver. You are recommended to keep your doctor informed if you have a known liver condition before starting VILDAGLIPTIN.
Q. Can I stop taking VILDAGLIPTIN on my own? A. No, this is a dependent blood sugar lowering anti-diabetes medication. Please do not stop on your own. Incase of any discomfort discuss with your before discontinuing this medicine. Your doctor may suggest some alternative medicine.
Q. Does VILDAGLIPTIN cause stomach upset? A. Yes, VILDAGLIPTIN causes stomach upset. This is specially true when you begin with this medicine your body takes time to adjust with this drug initially for a week. Incase of mild stomach upset avoid junk foods, drink ample of fluids, eat fibre rich foods, and avoid spicy meals. However, incase of uncontrolled diahhroea or severe stomach upset connect with your doctor immediately without any further delay.