Valsartan: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT VALSARTAN
VALSARTAN belongs to a group of medicines called Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs). VALSARTAN is used in the treatment of hypertension.
• Loss of consciousness
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR VALSARTAN
• Take VALSARTAN irrespective of meals, preferably at the same time daily for best results.
• Avoid high-salt content food and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated while on VALSARTAN medication.
• You are recommended to keep up with your doctor’s appointments regularly to monitor your blood pressure.
• Always check with your doctor before taking VALSARTAN if you are pregnant.
• Take VALSARTAN with caution if you have severe dehydration, liver or kidney problems.
• Inform your doctor about all your past and current medication, especially, over-the-counter medicines and herbal products.
• Do not take VALSARTAN if you are allergic to nitazoxanide. If you observe any allergic reactions such as swelling, redness, itching of skin, eyes or ears or breathing difficulty, immediately consult your doctor.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does VALSARTAN work?A) VALSARTAN works by blocking the functions of angiotensin, a chemical which causes the blood vessels to tighten. Angiotensin also causes sodium and water retention, which contribute to hypertension. By blocking angiotensin, VALSARTAN helps in reducing and controlling the blood pressure.
Q) Is VALSARTAN safe for children?A) Yes, VALSARTAN is safe for children above 6 years of age. The dose of VALSARTAN is determined by the doctor based on the weight of the child. VALSARTAN is prescribed by a child specialist/paediatrician.
Q) Can I stop taking VALSARTAN on my own?A) No, you are recommended not to stop taking VALSARTAN on your own. VALSARTAN helps to keep your blood pressure under control. Take VALSARTAN even if you feel better. Hypertension often does not show its symptoms until it becomes severe.
Q) Can VALSARTAN be used to treat heart failure?A) Yes, VALSARTAN can be used to treat heart failure in adult patients. VALSARTAN is used when other medicines for heart failure cannot be used. VALSARTAN is also used along with other medicines called ACE inhibitors.
Q) Can I take VALSARTAN with ramipril?A) Take VALSARTAN with ramipril only if your doctor prescribes it. Please consult your doctor if you have diabetes-related kidney diseases before taking VALSARTAN with ramipril.