TRANEXAMIC ACID: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT TRANEXAMIC ACID
TRANEXAMIC ACID uses
TRANEXAMIC ACID belongs to the class of antifibrinolytic drugs. TRANEXAMIC ACID is used to prevent bleeding in various conditions such as heavy periods, nose bleeds, after prostate or bladder surgery and bleeding inside the eye.
• Chest pain
• Unusual pain or swelling in your arms or legs
• Coughing up blood
• Eyesight problems
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRANEXAMIC ACID
• Take TRANEXAMIC ACID irrespective of the meals regularly at the same time with a glass of water for best results.
• You are recommended to have your eye tests and blood tests regularly to evaluate the functioning of liver in case you are using any medicine for the treatment of Hereditary Angioneurotic edema (repeated severe swelling).
• You are advised to inform your doctor if you suffer from disseminated intravascular coagulation (blood starts to clot throughout your body) before taking TRANEXAMIC ACID.
• Inform your doctor if you have any history of fits, blood clots in blood vessels or have severe kidney failure.
• If you notice any symptoms such as skin rash or itching, swelling of the lips, face, tongue or throat with difficulty in breathing or swallowing, you are suggested to stop taking TRANEXAMIC ACID and consult your doctor immediately as it might be due to an allergic reaction.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does TRANEXAMIC ACID work?
A. TRANEXAMIC ACID is an antifibrinolytic agent. Generally, body forms clots to prevent bleeding. But in few people these clots breakdown and cause excessive bleeding. TRANEXAMIC ACID works by stopping blood clots dissolving in the body thereby helps in preventing undesirable bleeding.
Q. Can I take TRANEXAMIC ACID with streptokinase?
A. No, you are advised to avoid taking TRANEXAMIC ACID with streptokinase as TRANEXAMIC ACID might affect the working of streptokinase which is used to dissolve blood clots. However, consult your doctor before taking TRANEXAMIC ACID with other medicines.
Q. Does TRANEXAMIC ACID stop menstrual periods?
A. No, TRANEXAMIC ACID doesn’t stop menstrual periods. TRANEXAMIC ACID is only used to reduce heavy bleeding during periods.
Q. Is TRANEXAMIC ACID safe for patients with kidney problems?
A. TRANEXAMIC ACID is supposed to be used in patients with kidney problems as per the dose prescribed by a doctor.
Q. Can I take oral contraceptives with TRANEXAMIC ACID?
A. No, you are suggested not to take oral contraceptives with TRANEXAMIC ACID. Taking together might increase the risk of forming blood clots. However, consult your doctor before taking TRANEXAMIC ACID.