TENELIGLIPTIN: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT TENELIGLIPTIN
TENELIGLIPTIN is used to lower blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes patients in association with changes in diet and lifestyle modification.
• Hypoglycemia (sudden dip in blood sugar levels)
• Runny nose and upper respiratory tract infections
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR TENELIGLIPTIN
• Take TENELIGLIPTIN with or without food. For best results adhere to a fix time everyday.
• Remember to always monitor blood glucose levels despite medicine intake.
• A low- carbohydrate healthy diet and 45 mins of brisk walk daily along with TENELIGLIPTIN has been found to give very good results in people with type 2 diabetes.
• Before driving or performing any strenuous activity after taking TENELIGLIPTIN make sure your blood glucose levels are in good control.
• Do not hesitate to speak with a doctor if you experience hazy vision, yellowing of skin, shaky hands, extreme anxiousness, severe stomach pain and profuse sweating.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Can I consume alcohol with TENELIGLIPTIN ? A. Alcohol with TENELIGLIPTIN can lead to unpleasant side effects and elevation of blood sugar levels leading to poor control of diabetes. You are strongly recommended to avoid alcohol along with TENELIGLIPTIN as much as possible.
Q. Can other anti-diabetes medicines be taken along with TENELIGLIPTIN? A. Yes, other anti-diabetes medicines can be safely taken along with TENELIGLIPTIN to achieve good control over diabetes provided it is prescribed by a doctor. Preferably a endocrinologist/diabetologist.
Q. Can TENELIGLIPTIN cause weight loss ? A. Yes, one can experience weight loss while consuming TENELIGLIPTIN. In case of extreme weight loss and muscle mass discuss with your doctor without any delay.
Q. Can I stop taking TENELIGLIPTIN on my own? A. No, please do not suddenly stop taking TENELIGLIPTIN without consulting your doctor even if your blood sugar levels have become normal. Incase you are facing any discomfort such as stomach pain or vomiting inform your doctor and he/she will guide you in the best way possible.
Q. Can taking TENELIGLIPTIN help in curing type 2 diabetes? A. Diabetes is a life long condition. However, research for its cure is in progress. TENELIGLIPTIN helps in managing the condition effectively along with diet and lifestyle modifications.
Q. Are there any long term complications of taking TENELIGLIPTIN ? A. TENELIGLIPTIN is considerably a safe drug to treat people with type 2 diabetes. However, some reported long term usage hints some conditions such as neuropathy, retinopathy, nephropathy and in rare cases lactic acidosis.