Teicoplanin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT TEICOPLANIN
TEICOPLANIN belongs to the class of glycopeptide antibiotic. TEICOPLANIN is used to treat various bacterial infections of lungs, skin, urinary tract, skin, soft tissues, heart, blood, bones and joints.
• Redness, pain or swelling the site of injection
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR TEICOPLANIN
• Do not self-administer. TEICOPLANIN is usually given by a doctor or nurse in the hospital.
• You are recommended to have regular tests to monitor liver or kidney functioning, blood and hearing while taking TEICOPLANIN.
• If the solution is not clear or yellowish in colour, it is advised to avoid using TEICOPLANIN.
• Also, you are recommended to discard any unused medicine as TEICOPLANIN is only for single use.
• Inform your doctor if you are suffering from kidney problems or ever had red man syndrome (redness of upper part of body) before taking TEICOPLANIN.
• Drive only if you are alert as headache and dizziness may occur while taking TEICOPLANIN.
• Keep your doctor informed about all the ongoing medications before taking TEICOPLANIN.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does TEICOPLANIN work? A. TEICOPLANIN belongs to the class of glycopeptide antibiotics. TEICOPLANIN works by inhibiting the formation of bacterial cell wall and kills bacteria. TEICOPLANIN is used to treat several bacterial infections in the body.
Q. Is TEICOPLANIN safe to use during pregnancy? A. No, TEICOPLANIN is not recommended to use during pregnancy as it may cause kidney and inner ear damage to the fetus. However, consult a doctor before using TEICOPLANIN.
Q. How is TEICOPLANIN administered? A. TEICOPLANIN is administered as an intramuscular (into muscle) or intravenous (into a vein) injection. Also TEICOPLANIN is given as an intravenous infusion (drip).
Q. Can I take amphotericin B while taking TEICOPLANIN? A. No, you are not recommended to take amphotericin B while taking TEICOPLANIN as taking together might lead to kidney problems or hearing problems. However, consult a doctor before taking other medicines with TEICOPLANIN.
Q. Can I take TEICOPLANIN if I am allergic to vancomycin? A. No, you are not recommended to take TEICOPLANIN if you are allergic to vancomycin as it may result in adverse effects as red man syndrome (redness of upper body part), indigestion or itching. However, consult doctor before using TEICOPLANIN.