Tamoxifen Citrate: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT TAMOXIFEN CITRATE
TAMOXIFEN CITRATE uses
TAMOXIFEN CITRATE is an anti-oestrogen. TAMOXIFEN CITRATE is used in breast cancer treatment and it also reduce the risk of breast cancer occurrence in women who are prone to develop the cancer. Additionally, TAMOXIFEN CITRATE is used in stimulating ovules (production of an egg) during anovulatory infertility.
• Vaginal bleeding
• Difficulty in breathing
• Swelling of the mouth, face or throat
• Skin rash
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAMOXIFEN CITRATE
• Take TAMOXIFEN CITRATE with or without food and as advised by the doctor.
• Make sure to take TAMOXIFEN CITRATE every day at same time.
• Do not take TAMOXIFEN CITRATE if you are pregnant as it may affect your unborn baby.
• Inform your doctor if you have undergone chemotherapy for breast cancer.
• Also, inform your doctor if you have any previous medical history of blood clots as there may be an increased risk of developing a blood clot in veins if you take TAMOXIFEN CITRATE.
• Notify your doctor if you are taking hormone replacement therapy and any medicines like oral contraceptives, anti-coagulants, antidepressants, cytotoxic agents (used to treat cancer), because they may affect the way TAMOXIFEN CITRATE is working and vice versa.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does TAMOXIFEN CITRATE works? A. Few breast cancers grow with oestrogen. TAMOXIFEN CITRATE is an anti-oestrogen, it works by blocking the effect of oestrogen.
Q. How does TAMOXIFEN CITRATE works in inducing ovulation (release of eggs from ovaries)? A. TAMOXIFEN CITRATE lowers oestrogen levels which leads increase of few hormone levels like LH and FSH. Increased levels of LH and FSH stimulate follicles (helps in secreting hormones which influence menstrual cycle stages).
Q. What precautions need to be taken to reduce breast cancer risk? A. You need to watch your weight, avoid hormone replacement therapy (relieve symptoms of the menopause), limit sitting time, exercise regularly, limit alcohol, take fruits, vegetables, milk, fish, high fibre and starchy foods.
Q. Can I take TAMOXIFEN CITRATE while using cytotoxic agents? A. No, it is advised to not to take TAMOXIFEN CITRATE while using cytotoxic agents, because it may lead to blood clots in small or large blood vessels. Clots in larger blood vessels are identified if you notice symptoms like swelling of hands, legs and feet, coughing up blood, chest pain and shortness of breath.
Q. Can TAMOXIFEN CITRATE eliminate risk of breast cancer? A. No, TAMOXIFEN CITRATE reduces the risk of breast cancer, but not eliminate the risk of breast cancer.
Q. Can I take TAMOXIFEN CITRATE while taking medicines with oestrogen? A. No, avoid taking TAMOXIFEN CITRATE as medicines with oestrogen might interact with TAMOXIFEN CITRATE and decrease its efficiency. Check with your doctor before taking two together.
Q. Is there any effect on menstrual cycle while taking TAMOXIFEN CITRATE? A. Yes, you may face menstrual irregularities as a side effect of TAMOXIFEN CITRATE. Menstrual periods may be resumed or may get completely stopped on long term use of TAMOXIFEN CITRATE.
Q. If I miss a dose, can I take double dose at the time of next scheduled dose? A. Do not take double dose as it may lead to severe side effects. You can skip the missed dose and continue taking your next scheduled regular dose.