Sodium Picosulfate Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT SODIUM PICOSULFATE
SODIUM PICOSULFATE uses
SODIUM PICOSULFATE belongs to the group of medicines known as laxatives. SODIUM PICOSULFATE is used to treat constipation.
• Abdominal pain
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SODIUM PICOSULFATE
• Take SODIUM PICOSULFATE irrespective of meals.
• You are recommended to take SODIUM PICOSULFATE at night time.
• Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
• Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
• Exercise regularly and stay fit.
• Make time to empty bowels when your body tells you to.
• Do not take SODIUM PICOSULFATE if you have inflammation of small/large intestine or if you have blocked bowel.
• Keep your doctor informed about your health condition and other medicines you are taking.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does SODIUM PICOSULFATE work?
A) SODIUM PICOSULFATE works by stimulating the muscles of large intestine, thereby helps in returning the body to its natural rhythm and provides relief from constipation.
Q) Can I take SODIUM PICOSULFATE if I have appendicitis?
A) No, do not take SODIUM PICOSULFATE if you are suffering from appendicitis. Also, you are recommended not to take SODIUM PICOSULFATE if you have severe abdominal pain with vomiting, nausea and/or fever.
Q) Does SODIUM PICOSULFATE aid weight loss?
A) No, SODIUM PICOSULFATE does not aid weight loss. SODIUM PICOSULFATE is used to provide relief from constipation. Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
Q) What are the causes of constipation?
A) The exact cause of constipation is not known. However, constipation could be due to lack of exercise, sudden change of diet, or fiber-less food. Consuming fiber rich food, fruits, green leafy vegetables, whole grain bread, cereals, and bran could help treat constipation.
Q) Can I take SODIUM PICOSULFATE with other medicines?
A) SODIUM PICOSULFATE may interfere with the absorption of other medicines, therefore you are advised to maintain a minimum gap of two hours between SODIUM PICOSULFATE and other medicines. However, take SODIUM PICOSULFATE with other medicines only after consulting your doctor in-order to avoid unpleasant side-effects.