Rosuvastatin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT ROSUVASTATIN
ROSUVASTATIN belongs to a group of statins. ROSUVASTATIN is used for lowering of bad cholesterol in association with low fat diet and regular exercises.
• Stomach pain
• Allergic skin rashes
• Muscle pain
• Feeling sick
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ROSUVASTATIN
• Take ROSUVASTATIN daily at the same time of the day irrespective of meals for best results.
• Depending upon your age, weight and condition your doctor will decide the dosage do not self- medicate yourself. Elderly people should take it in a lower dose as prescribed by the doctor.
• A low fat diet along with exercising is highly recommended to enhance and compliment treatment with ROSUVASTATIN.
• Consumption of alcohol along with ROSUVASTATIN is not recommended.
• Do not give it to children below 6 years and dose to be closely monitored in teenagers below 18 years of age.
• Do not take ROSUVASTATIN if you are planning to conceive or pregnant. Breast feeding mothers are also advised not to take it without consulting a doctor.
• Keep your doctor informed if you have or had any previous history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
• Speak with your doctor instantly if you have yellowing of skin, severe allergic rashes and swelling in the face, lips or mouth or extreme tiredness with muscle weakness while taking ROSUVASTATIN.
• Your doctor may discontinue or change the medicine.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How is ROSUVASTATIN helpful ? A) ROSUVASTATIN helps in lowering bad cholesterol which is very harmful for the body as it can give rise to cardiovascular diseases and strokes. Taking ROSUVASTATIN regularly can help in getting rid of bad cholesterol and elevating the presence of good cholesterol to protect the heart and the body.
Q) What is the best time to take ROSUVASTATIN ? A) ROSUVASTATIN can be taken as directed by a doctor during anytime of the day. However, research hints that statins work more efficiently when taken in the evening/night. To get best results take ROSUVASTATIN during the night time.
Q) Can ROSUVASTATIN cause liver damage ? A) ROSUVASTATIN usually when taken as directed by the physician does not cause liver damage. However, there have been reported cases of yellowing of skin along with dark urine which is an indicator of impaired liver functions in the body while taking ROSUVASTATIN. In that case speak with your doctor instantly without any further delay.
Q) Can ROSUVASTATIN cause anxiety ? A) No, ROSUVASTATIN is not associated with anxiety. But there have been reported cases of confusion, generalised feeling of being sick which may make a person anxious. In that case keep a careful watch on the side effects after taking ROSUVASTATIN and intensively discuss with your doctor. He/she may give you an alternative medicine.
Q) When should I stop taking ROSUVASTATIN ? A) ROSUVASTATIN should not be stopped on your own. But incase you are experiencing unbearable muscle pains along with fever after taking ROSUVASTATIN inform your doctor, he/she may want to discontinue or change your medicines.