Reboxetine Tab: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT REBOXETINE
REBOXETINE belongs to group of medicines called antidepressants. REBOXETINE is used in intense therapy of major depressive illness.
• Difficulties to sleep (insomnia)
• Dry mouth
• Dilated pupils
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR REBOXETINE
• Take REBOXETINE irrespective of meals and at the same time daily for best results.
• Take REBOXETINE with special care if you suffer from convulsions, if you are on blood pressure medication, or if you have kidney/eye problems.
• Seek medical help immediately if you have contemplations of harming or killing yourself.
• Avoid drinking alcohol while on this medication as it may increase the risk of over sedation.
• REBOXETINE is not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
• Pregnant and breast-feeding women should not take REBOXETINE without consulting a doctor.
• Drive only if you are mentally alert and physically stable after taking REBOXETINE.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does REBOXETINE work? A. REBOXETINE is an antidepressant. REBOXETINE works by enhancing/regulating natural chemical in the brain called noradrenaline, which is involved in regulating mood, behaviour and emotions; this eases the symptoms of depression.
Q. Which side-effects are commonly seen in people taking REBOXETINE? A. You may experience the following side-effects while taking REBOXETINE such as increased heart rate, palpitation, paraesthesia, anxiety, erectile dysfunction, loss of appetite, spinning sensation, hyponatremia, increased pressure in the eye. If your side-effects do not improve or if you face any discomfort while on this medication, please speak to your doctor immediately.
Q. Can I take REBOXETINE with other medications? A. Some medicines may reduce the effect of REBOXETINE or interact with REBOXETINE or cause serious side-effects when given at the same time such as antifungals, antibiotics, medicines used to treat epilepsy; certain antidepressants called MAO inhibitors, tricyclics, nefazodone, SSRIs or lithium. So, always inform and check with your doctor before taking REBOXETINE with other medications.
Q. Is REBOXETINE safe for young adults? A. Yes, but clinical trial study data have shown that there is an increased risk of suicidal behaviour in adults aged less than 25 years taking REBOXETINE for psychiatric illness. Talk to your doctor immediately if you experience feelings/thoughts of suicide or harming yourself while on this medication.
Q. What if I take more than the prescribed dose? A. If you take more than the prescribed dose, inform your family members/friends and call your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital. Take the medicine strip or bottle with you, even if it is empty.
Q. How to store REBOXETINE? A. Do not store REBOXETINE above 25°C and store away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Keep out of the sight and reach of the children.