Ramipril: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT RAMIPRIL
RAMIPRIL belongs to a group of medicines called Angiotensin Converting Enzyme inhibitors (ACE inhibitors). It is used to treat hypertension and heart failure. Additionally, used to reduce risk of heart failure, stroke and kidney problems.
• Dry cough
• Skin rash
• Low blood pressure
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR RAMIPRIL
• Take RAMIPRIL with or without food.
• RAMIPRIL is not recommended for children and adolescents below 18 year as there is no enough information about the Safety and efficacy.
• If you experience any allergic reaction after taking RAMIPRIL, please consult your doctor immediately.
• It is recommended to get regular blood pressure, potassium and blood sugar levels check-up while you are on this medication.
• A healthy diet along with exercising is highly recommended to enhance and compliment treatment with RAMIPRIL.
• Smoking causes increase in blood pressure, so it is advised to stop smoking to maintain normal blood pressure.
• Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney problems.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does RAMIPRIL work? A. RAMIPRIL is an ACE (Angiotensin Converting Enzyme) inhibitor. RAMIPRIL works by widening the constricted blood vessels, thereby making it easier for the heart to pump blood throughout the body.
Q. Can I take RAMIPRIL with valsartan/telmisartan/irbesartan? A. No, it is not recommended to take RAMIPRIL with angiotensin II receptor blockers such as valsartan, telmisartan, irbesartan because it may cause sudden dip in blood pressure levels, kidney function impairment and hyperkalemia (high blood potassium). Check with your doctor before taking any medication.
Q. Does RAMIPRIL cause erectile dysfunction? A. Yes, RAMIPRIL may cause erectile dysfunction. RAMIPRIL decrease forceful blood flow to the penis and making it difficult to get erection. You are requested to remain alert and in case if you face any difficulty in getting an erection then consult your doctor right away.
Q. Can RAMIPRIL make you feel sick? A. Yes, RAMIPRIL may make you feel sick. You may have feelings like light-headedness, fainting or sickness due to sudden blood pressure drop. Drink plenty of water during hot weathers, while doing exercise and especially if you sweat a lot.
Q. Can I eat banana while taking RAMIPRIL? A. No, it is advised to not eat banana while taking RAMIPRIL. With the use of this medicine, there will be an increase in blood potassium levels. Banana is rich in potassium, so eating banana while taking RAMIPRIL might end up with too much potassium in the blood. Increased potassium levels may lead to abnormal heart rhythms.