Rabeprazole: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT RABEPRAZOLE
RABEPRAZOLE is a Proton pump inhibitor. RABEPRAZOLE used to treat active intestinal and stomach ulcers. RABEPRAZOLE used in maintenance of GERD. It relieves symptoms such as heartburn, difficulty swallowing, and persistent coughing.
• Nausea and vomiting
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR RABEPRAZOLE
• Take RABEPRAZOLE at least 45- 30 mins before meals particularly for the medicine to work effectively.
• Taking RABEPRAZOLE in the morning will effectively reduce stomach acid production for a long duration in the day.
• RABEPRAZOLE is not advisable for children until and unless prescribed by a child specialist.
• If you do not get relief from your symptoms within 10-15 days of taking RABEPRAZOLE discuss with your doctor, there may be some other underlying medical condition which needs to be investigated.
• Check for blood in stool, in case you experience occult blood (blood in stool), then inform your doctor instantly and stop taking RABEPRAZOLE
• For people taking RABEPRAZOLE for a long time you are advised to keep a check on your calcium levels. Taking RABEPRAZOLE for a long time leads to depletion of calcium and magnesium resulting in brittle and weak bones.
• Check with your doctor once and take additional vitamin and mineral supplements along with RABEPRAZOLE treatment such as calcium, vitamin D and other essential minerals.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How RABEPRAZOLE help? A) RABEPRAZOLE helps by lowering the production of acid in the stomach. This helps in treating excess acid production diseases related to the stomach and intestines.
Q) Is RABEPRAZOLE an antibiotic? A) No, RABEPRAZOLE is a proton pump inhibitor, used to treat stomach ulcers. Sometimes your doctor may prescribe RABEPRAZOLE combination with certain antibiotic to treat stomach ulcers that are caused by the bacteria known as H. Pylori.
Q) Does RABEPRAZOLE help in treatment of heartburn symptoms? A) Yes, RABEPRAZOLE helps to get relief from heartburn symptoms, However, RABEPRAZOLE does not provide immediate relief from heartburn. For immediate relief you may require antacids and other medicines. Low fat ice creams and cold water also may additionally help as a stand by immediate therapy for heartburn.
Q) Can RABEPRAZOLE be used for long-term treatment? A) No, you are advised to take RABEPRAZOLE as long as your doctor has asked you to take it. Taking RABEPRAZOLE for long period of time may make you prone to developing very serious side effects such as vitamin B12 deficiency.
Q) Is RABEPRAZOLE safe for children? A) RABEPRAZOLE can be safe if taken as prescribed by your doctor for treating children of 5 years and older. Your doctor may prescribe RABEPRAZOLE to your child for 8 weeks or for lesser period for the symptom and relief of erosive oesophagitis.
Q) Can I take RABEPRAZOLE twice a day? A) You are advised to take RABEPRAZOLE as prescribed by your doctor. Sometimes your doctor may prescribe RABEPRAZOLE twice a day for treatment of excess acid produced by stomach. Do not self medicate.
Q) Can RABEPRAZOLE cause noncancerous polyps in the stomach? A) Yes, you are advised to take RABEPRAZOLE as prescribed by your doctor since RABEPRAZOLE long-term use may cause growth of noncancerous polyps in the stomach. Also, you may also need to undergo endoscopic procedures as instructed by your doctor for visualization of GI tract if taken long-term.
Q) Does RABEPRAZOLE cause osteoporosis? A) Yes, it has been reported that taking RABEPRAZOLE for at least 7 years leads to increasing risks of osteoporosis and osteoporosis-related fractures. Your doctor may prescribe you additional calcium supplements to resolve the deficiency.