by Wockhardt Limited
Sold By Channel partners and fulfiled by Zoylo.com
Composition of PENTOWOK INJECTION
Unsafe when combined with alcohol. Follow your physician's advice.
- Safe and does not interfere with the ability to drive
- Safe for pregnant women
- Unsafe and risky for lactating women. Follow your physician's advice.
- Safe for patients with kidney disease.
In case of any Itching, redness, swelling or difficulty in breathing please refer to a physician or hospital immediately.
PANTOPRAZOLE 40 MG
Uses of PENTOWOK INJECTION
PENTOWOK INJECTION belongs to a group of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. PENTOWOK INJECTION helps in treating reflux oesophagitis, stomach and duodenal ulcers. PENTOWOK INJECTION also helps in treating Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and other conditions producing too much acid in your stomach.
Special Instructions for PENTOWOK INJECTION
• PENTOWOK INJECTION is given by healthcare professionals. PENTOWOK INJECTION is prescribed when your doctor thinks injections are more suitable for you than tablets.
• Your doctor or nurse will administer PENTOWOK INJECTION into a vein over a period of 2-15 minutes.
• PENTOWOK INJECTION is not recommended for children unless prescribed by a child specialist.
• Inform your doctor if you ever had problems with your liver in the past, if you are taking a medicine containing atazanavir, if you have ever had a skin reaction after treatment with a medicine like PENTOWOK INJECTION, if you are due to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
• If you do not get relief from your symptoms within 10-15 days of taking PENTOWOK INJECTION discuss with your doctor, there may be some other underlying medical condition which needs to be investigated.
• People taking PENTOWOK INJECTION for a long time are advised to keep a check on their calcium levels. Taking PENTOWOK INJECTION for a long time leads to depletion of calcium and magnesium resulting in brittle and weak bones.
• Check with your doctor once and take additional vitamin and mineral supplements along with PENTOWOK INJECTION treatment such as calcium, vitamin D and other essential minerals.
Antibiotics PENTOWOK INJECTION is safe for patients allergic to antibiotics.
Anticoagulants PENTOWOK INJECTION is risky for patients allergic to anticoagulants. Follow your physician's advice.
Pain Killers PENTOWOK INJECTION is risky for patients allergic to pain killers. Follow your physician's advice.
Chemotherapy drugs PENTOWOK INJECTION is risky for patients allergic to chemo drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
Anticonvulsants PENTOWOK INJECTION is risky for patients allergic to anticonvulsants. Follow your physician's advice.
Sulfa Drugs PENTOWOK INJECTION is risky for patients allergic to sulpha drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
INTERACTION WITH COMMON CONDITIONS
safe for kidney PENTOWOK INJECTION is safe for patients with kidney disease.
safe for pregnancy PENTOWOK INJECTION is safe for pregnant women.
unknown for heart Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of PENTOWOK INJECTION on cardiac patients. Follow your physician's advice.
safe for liver PENTOWOK INJECTION is safe for patients with liver issues.
unsafe for lactation PENTOWOK INJECTION is risky for lactating women. Follow your physician's advice.
unsafe for children PENTOWOK INJECTION is risky for children. Follow your physician's advice.
supervision required for seniors Dose should be supervised for elderly patients. Follow your physican's advice.
Smoking PENTOWOK INJECTION is unsafe when combined with nicotine. Follow your physician's advice.
Caffeine Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of PENTOWOK INJECTION on driving. Follow your physician's advice.
Vision PENTOWOK INJECTION does not affect vision.
Overdose Overdose of PENTOWOK INJECTION is highly unsafe. Seek emergency medical attention.
Driving PENTOWOK INJECTION does not interfere with the ability to drive.
Exercise exer safe PENTOWOK INJ
Operating Heavy Machinery PENTOWOK INJECTION does not interfere with the ability to operate heavy machinery.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does PENTOWOK INJECTION work?
A) PENTOWOK INJECTION works by lowering the production of acid in the stomach. This helps in treating excess acid production diseases related to the stomach and intestines.
Q) Does PENTOWOK INJECTION helps in the treatment of heartburn symptoms?
A) Yes, when prescribed by the doctor PENTOWOK INJECTION helps to get relief from heartburn symptoms, but PENTOWOK INJECTION does not provide immediate relief from heartburn. PENTOWOK INJECTION is a part of the treatment for treating heartburn.
Q) Can PENTOWOK INJECTION be used for long-term treatment?
A) No, you are advised to take PENTOWOK INJECTION as long as your doctor has prescribed. Taking PENTOWOK INJECTION for long period of time may make you prone to developing very serious side effects such as vitamin B12 deficiency.
Q) Is PENTOWOK INJECTION an antibiotic?
A) No, PENTOWOK INJECTION is a proton pump inhibitor used to treat stomach ulcers. Sometimes your doctor may prescribe PENTOWOK INJECTION combination with certain antibiotics to treat stomach ulcers caused by the bacteria known as H. Pylori.
Q) Does taking PENTOWOK INJECTION causes Hypomagnesemia?
A) Yes, PENTOWOK INJECTION may cause low levels of magnesium in the body if taken for at least three months and mostly if taken for a year. The patients with hypomagnesemia are usually treated with magnesium replacement medications to counter low magnesium levels in the body.
Q) Does PENTOWOK INJECTION cause osteoporosis?
A) Yes, it has been reported that taking PENTOWOK INJECTION for at least 7 years may lead to increased risks of osteoporosis and osteoporosis-related fractures. Your doctor may prescribe you additional calcium supplements to resolve the deficiency.
Q) Can PENTOWOK INJECTION cause noncancerous polyps in the stomach?
A) Yes, you are advised to take PENTOWOK INJECTION as prescribed by your doctor since long-term use of PENTOWOK INJECTION may cause growth of noncancerous polyps in the stomach. You may also need to undergo endoscopic procedures as instructed by your doctor for visualization of GI tract.
Q) Which medication I should not take along with PENTOWOK INJECTION?
A) Some medicines may reduce the effect or interact with PENTOWOK INJECTION or may also cause serious side-effects when given at same time such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole or erlotinib, Warfarin, phenprocoumon, Atazanavir, Methotrexate. So, always inform and check with your doctor before taking PENTOWOK INJECTION with other medications.
Q) How to store PENTOWOK INJECTION?
A) Do not store PENTOWOK INJECTION above 25°C and store away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach and sight of the children.