by Wockhardt Limited
Sold By Channel partners and fulfiled by Zoylo.com
Composition of PENTOWOK INJ
Unsafe when combined with alcohol. Follow your physician's advice.
- Safe and does not interfere with the ability to drive
- Safe for pregnant women
- Unsafe and risky for lactating women. Follow your physician's advice.
- Safe for patients with kidney disease.
In case of any Itching, redness, swelling or difficulty in breathing please refer to a physician or hospital immediately.
PANTOPRAZOLE 40 MG
Uses of PENTOWOK INJ
PENTOWOK INJ belongs to a group of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. PENTOWOK INJ helps in treating reflux oesophagitis, stomach and duodenal ulcers. PENTOWOK INJ also helps in treating Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and other conditions producing too much acid in your stomach.
Special Instructions for PENTOWOK INJ
• PENTOWOK INJ is given by healthcare professionals. PENTOWOK INJ is prescribed when your doctor thinks injections are more suitable for you than tablets.
• Your doctor or nurse will administer PENTOWOK INJ into a vein over a period of 2-15 minutes.
• PENTOWOK INJ is not recommended for children unless prescribed by a child specialist.
• Inform your doctor if you ever had problems with your liver in the past, if you are taking a medicine containing atazanavir, if you have ever had a skin reaction after treatment with a medicine like PENTOWOK INJ, if you are due to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
• If you do not get relief from your symptoms within 10-15 days of taking PENTOWOK INJ discuss with your doctor, there may be some other underlying medical condition which needs to be investigated.
• People taking PENTOWOK INJ for a long time are advised to keep a check on their calcium levels. Taking PENTOWOK INJ for a long time leads to depletion of calcium and magnesium resulting in brittle and weak bones.
• Check with your doctor once and take additional vitamin and mineral supplements along with PENTOWOK INJ treatment such as calcium, vitamin D and other essential minerals.
Antibiotics PENTOWOK INJ is safe for patients allergic to antibiotics.
Anticoagulants PENTOWOK INJ is risky for patients allergic to anticoagulants. Follow your physician's advice.
Pain Killers PENTOWOK INJ is risky for patients allergic to pain killers. Follow your physician's advice.
Chemotherapy drugs PENTOWOK INJ is risky for patients allergic to chemo drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
Anticonvulsants PENTOWOK INJ is risky for patients allergic to anticonvulsants. Follow your physician's advice.
Sulfa Drugs PENTOWOK INJ is risky for patients allergic to sulpha drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
INTERACTION WITH COMMON CONDITIONS
safe for kidney PENTOWOK INJ is safe for patients with kidney disease.
safe for pregnancy PENTOWOK INJ is safe for pregnant women.
unknown for heart Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of PENTOWOK INJ on cardiac patients. Follow your physician's advice.
safe for liver PENTOWOK INJ is safe for patients with liver issues.
unsafe for lactation PENTOWOK INJ is risky for lactating women. Follow your physician's advice.
unsafe for children PENTOWOK INJ is risky for children. Follow your physician's advice.
supervision required for seniors Dose should be supervised for elderly patients. Follow your physican's advice.
Smoking PENTOWOK INJ is unsafe when combined with nicotine. Follow your physician's advice.
Caffeine Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of PENTOWOK INJ on driving. Follow your physician's advice.
Vision PENTOWOK INJ does not affect vision.
Overdose Overdose of PENTOWOK INJ is highly unsafe. Seek emergency medical attention.
Driving PENTOWOK INJ does not interfere with the ability to drive.
Exercise exer safe PENTOWOK INJ
Operating Heavy Machinery PENTOWOK INJ does not interfere with the ability to operate heavy machinery.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does PENTOWOK INJ work?
A) PENTOWOK INJ works by lowering the production of acid in the stomach. This helps in treating excess acid production diseases related to the stomach and intestines.
Q) Does PENTOWOK INJ helps in the treatment of heartburn symptoms?
A) Yes, when prescribed by the doctor PENTOWOK INJ helps to get relief from heartburn symptoms, but PENTOWOK INJ does not provide immediate relief from heartburn. PENTOWOK INJ is a part of the treatment for treating heartburn.
Q) Can PENTOWOK INJ be used for long-term treatment?
A) No, you are advised to take PENTOWOK INJ as long as your doctor has prescribed. Taking PENTOWOK INJ for long period of time may make you prone to developing very serious side effects such as vitamin B12 deficiency.
Q) Is PENTOWOK INJ an antibiotic?
A) No, PENTOWOK INJ is a proton pump inhibitor used to treat stomach ulcers. Sometimes your doctor may prescribe PENTOWOK INJ combination with certain antibiotics to treat stomach ulcers caused by the bacteria known as H. Pylori.
Q) Does taking PENTOWOK INJ causes Hypomagnesemia?
A) Yes, PENTOWOK INJ may cause low levels of magnesium in the body if taken for at least three months and mostly if taken for a year. The patients with hypomagnesemia are usually treated with magnesium replacement medications to counter low magnesium levels in the body.
Q) Does PENTOWOK INJ cause osteoporosis?
A) Yes, it has been reported that taking PENTOWOK INJ for at least 7 years may lead to increased risks of osteoporosis and osteoporosis-related fractures. Your doctor may prescribe you additional calcium supplements to resolve the deficiency.
Q) Can PENTOWOK INJ cause noncancerous polyps in the stomach?
A) Yes, you are advised to take PENTOWOK INJ as prescribed by your doctor since long-term use of PENTOWOK INJ may cause growth of noncancerous polyps in the stomach. You may also need to undergo endoscopic procedures as instructed by your doctor for visualization of GI tract.
Q) Which medication I should not take along with PENTOWOK INJ?
A) Some medicines may reduce the effect or interact with PENTOWOK INJ or may also cause serious side-effects when given at same time such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole or erlotinib, Warfarin, phenprocoumon, Atazanavir, Methotrexate. So, always inform and check with your doctor before taking PENTOWOK INJ with other medications.
Q) How to store PENTOWOK INJ?
A) Do not store PENTOWOK INJ above 25°C and store away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach and sight of the children.