Pantoprazole Injection: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT PANTOPRAZOLE
PANTOPRAZOLE belongs to a group of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. PANTOPRAZOLE helps in treating reflux oesophagitis, stomach and duodenal ulcers. PANTOPRAZOLE also helps in treating Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and other conditions producing too much acid in your stomach.
• Injection site inflammation of the wall of the vein and blood clotting
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PANTOPRAZOLE
• PANTOPRAZOLE is given by healthcare professionals. PANTOPRAZOLE is prescribed when your doctor thinks injections are more suitable for you than tablets.
• Your doctor or nurse will administer PANTOPRAZOLE into a vein over a period of 2-15 minutes.
• PANTOPRAZOLE is not recommended for children unless prescribed by a child specialist.
• Inform your doctor if you ever had problems with your liver in the past, if you are taking a medicine containing atazanavir, if you have ever had a skin reaction after treatment with a medicine like PANTOPRAZOLE, if you are due to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
• If you do not get relief from your symptoms within 10-15 days of taking PANTOPRAZOLE discuss with your doctor, there may be some other underlying medical condition which needs to be investigated.
• People taking PANTOPRAZOLE for a long time are advised to keep a check on their calcium levels. Taking PANTOPRAZOLE for a long time leads to depletion of calcium and magnesium resulting in brittle and weak bones.
• Check with your doctor once and take additional vitamin and mineral supplements along with PANTOPRAZOLE treatment such as calcium, vitamin D and other essential minerals.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does PANTOPRAZOLE work?
A) PANTOPRAZOLE works by lowering the production of acid in the stomach. This helps in treating excess acid production diseases related to the stomach and intestines.
Q) Does PANTOPRAZOLE helps in the treatment of heartburn symptoms?
A) Yes, when prescribed by the doctor PANTOPRAZOLE helps to get relief from heartburn symptoms, but PANTOPRAZOLE does not provide immediate relief from heartburn. PANTOPRAZOLE is a part of the treatment for treating heartburn.
Q) Can PANTOPRAZOLE be used for long-term treatment?
A) No, you are advised to take PANTOPRAZOLE as long as your doctor has prescribed. Taking PANTOPRAZOLE for long period of time may make you prone to developing very serious side effects such as vitamin B12 deficiency.
Q) Is PANTOPRAZOLE an antibiotic?
A) No, PANTOPRAZOLE is a proton pump inhibitor used to treat stomach ulcers. Sometimes your doctor may prescribe PANTOPRAZOLE combination with certain antibiotics to treat stomach ulcers caused by the bacteria known as H. Pylori.
Q) Does taking PANTOPRAZOLE causes Hypomagnesemia?
A) Yes, PANTOPRAZOLE may cause low levels of magnesium in the body if taken for at least three months and mostly if taken for a year. The patients with hypomagnesemia are usually treated with magnesium replacement medications to counter low magnesium levels in the body.
Q) Does PANTOPRAZOLE cause osteoporosis?
A) Yes, it has been reported that taking PANTOPRAZOLE for at least 7 years may lead to increased risks of osteoporosis and osteoporosis-related fractures. Your doctor may prescribe you additional calcium supplements to resolve the deficiency.
Q) Can PANTOPRAZOLE cause noncancerous polyps in the stomach?
A) Yes, you are advised to take PANTOPRAZOLE as prescribed by your doctor since long-term use of PANTOPRAZOLE may cause growth of noncancerous polyps in the stomach. You may also need to undergo endoscopic procedures as instructed by your doctor for visualization of GI tract.
Q) Which medication I should not take along with PANTOPRAZOLE?
A) Some medicines may reduce the effect or interact with PANTOPRAZOLE or may also cause serious side-effects when given at same time such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole or erlotinib, Warfarin, phenprocoumon, Atazanavir, Methotrexate. So, always inform and check with your doctor before taking PANTOPRAZOLE with other medications.
Q) How to store PANTOPRAZOLE?
A) Do not store PANTOPRAZOLE above 25°C and store away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach and sight of the children.