Pancreatin Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT PANCREATIN
PANCREATIN is a pancreatic enzyme supplement. PANCREATIN is used to treat digestion problems.
• Stomach pain
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PANCREATIN
• Take PANCREATIN during or immediately after eating a meal.
• Drink plenty of water and avoid spicy meals while on this medication.
• Do not take PANCREATIN if you are allergic to pork or any pig product.
• Take PANCREATIN with caution if you have rare bowel condition known as fibrosing colonopathy.
• Breast-feeding and pregnant women are advised not to take PANCREATIN without consulting a doctor.
• Speak to your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: severe abdominal discomfort, painful urination and joint pain.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does PANCREATIN work?
A. PANCREATIN contains lipase, amylase and protease, these are the chemicals which helps to digest the food. These chemicals are normally produced by the pancreas. In some people, their bodies do not make enough of enzymes (lipase, amylase and protease), in that case PANCREATIN will be prescribed.
Q. Can I take PANCREATIN with Acarbose?
A. No, you are not recommended to take PANCREATIN with Acarbose, as taking together might reduce the effect of Acarbose. However, please consult a doctor before taking other medicines with PANCREATIN.
Q. Can I stop taking PANCREATIN my own?
A. No, you are advised to take PANCREATIN as long as your doctor has asked you to take it. Some people may need to take PANCREATIN supplements for the rest of their lives.
Q. Is PANCREATIN safe on overdose?
A. No, do not overdose on any medication. If you have mistakenly took too many tablets, drink plenty of water and seek emergency medical help.
Q. How to store PANCREATIN?
A. Store below 25°C and keep it away from heat and sunlight. Do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach and sight of the children.