Oxybutynin Chloride Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE
OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE uses
OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE belongs to the class of antispasmodics. OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE is used to treat overactive bladder.
• Blurred vision
• Dry eyes
• Upset stomach
• Unusual taste in mouth
• Dry/flushed skin
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE
• Take OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE irrespective of meals with a glass of water.
• You are recommended to avoid consumption of alcohol while taking OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
• Do not take OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE if you are planning to conceive or become pregnant without consulting a doctor.
• Inform your doctor about your present and past medical history before taking OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE.
• Seek medical help immediately if you notice any symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, swelling of throat and face or skin rash as these might be signs of an allergic reaction.
• Drive only if you are alert as OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE may cause drowsiness, tiredness or dizziness.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE work?
A) OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE is antispasmodic. OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE works by relaxing muscles in the bladder. This helps in decreasing the problems of urgency and frequent urination.
Q) Does OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE cause dry mouth?
A) Yes, OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE may cause dryness of mouth. Therefore, you are recommended to drink plenty of fluids, chew sugar-free gum or mint or suck on sugarless hard candy. However, if the condition persists, please consult a doctor.
Q) Does OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE cause drowsiness?
A) Yes, OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE may cause drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness or blurred vision. Therefore, you are recommended to avoid driving if you notice any of these symptoms after taking OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE.
Q) What precautions do I need to take after taking OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE?
A) OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE may increase the risk for heatstroke because it causes decreased sweating. Avoid becoming overheated in hot weather or during exercise or other strenuous activity.
Q) Can I stop taking OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE on my own?
A) No, you are not recommended to stop taking OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE on your own even if you find symptomatic relief, as discontinuing OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE suddenly may cause recurring symptoms. However, please consult a doctor if you experience any discomfort while taking OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE.
Q) Is OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE safe on overdose?
A) No, taking any medication more than prescribed dose leads to side-effects and sometimes likely turns into serious adverse effects. In case of overdosage, you may experience symptoms like passing out or trouble breathing, delirium and sometimes leads to paralysis. Contact your doctor immediately if you have taken OXYBUTYNIN CHLORIDE more than you should.