ROTAHALER DEVICE 1'S
INFORMATION ABOUT ROTAHALER DEVICE
Rotahaler is an inhalation device which is used to deliver medication directly to the airway. This device is used in long-term treatment of chronic lung diseases. It is a plastic made inhalation device which is breath activated. Which means when you inhale, the Rotahaler releases medication from the Rotacap. Rotacaps are capsules of powdered medication which should be placed in a Rotahaler. Inhaling correctly helps the medication to reach the small airways and increases effectiveness of medication.
- Simple to use: Requires Rotacaps. Rotacaps are capsules of powdered medication which should be placed in a Rotahaler. Rotacaps are not for oral use and should not be swallowed.
- Breath-actuated: It release medication when you inhale.
- Consistent and accurate dosage: It is pre-metered and provides a single, fixed dose of medication through each capsule.
- Portable Device: Being small and handy.
Handling and using Rotahaler:
How to Assemble the Rotahaler:
- Take out the Rotahaler from its container and check for foreign objects on the mouthpiece.
- Keep the Rotahaler upright, hold the darker coloured end in one hand and turn the lighter coloured end as far as it will go in either direction.
- Grab a Rotacap from its pack and insert the clear end into the raised hole located in the lighter colored end of the Rotahaler.
- Push the new capsule in until it is level with the top of the hole.
- Hold the Rotahaler level (horizontally) with the white spot up and turn the lighter colored end as far as it will go in the opposite direction. This will open the capsule.
Using Rotahaler for an Inhaled Treatment:
- Gently breathe out.
- Seal your lips around the mouthpiece (darker coloured end).
- Breathe in through your mouth as quickly and deeply as possible. Continue to take deep breath.
- Hold your breath for up to ten seconds. This will allow the powdered medication time to deposit in the airway. Resume your normal breathing.
- After every use, pull the two halves of the Rotahaler apart and throw away the loose capsule shell.
- Reassemble the Rotahaler.
- Repeat the above steps when more than one Rotacap is prescribed.
- Clean the Rotahaler once every two weeks or sooner if needed. Regular cleaning will avert the powder accumulation inside the Rotahaler.
- Take off the empty capsule shell before washing the Rotahaler.
- Rinse the two halves of Rotahaler in warm water.
- Shake it to remove any excess water.
- Thoroughly air-dry your Rotahaler before reassembling it.
Rotahaler Inhalation Device storage:
Store this device below 25°C in a cool dry place. You can continue to use it daily for up to 12 months depending upon the manufacturer instructions.
Before using this device please read the package insert and the Owner’s Booklet which is provided with the device.
Manufacturer Name : Cipla Limited
Manufacturer/Marketer/Importer Address : Cipla House, Peninsula Business Park, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai-400013
Country of Origin : India