OLMESARTAN: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT OLMESARTAN
OLMESARTAN belongs to a group of medicines called as angiotensin-II receptor antagonists. It is used to treat hypertension.
• Feeling dizzy, headache
• Feeling sick, indigestion
• Feeling tired
• Sore throat, runny or stuffy nose
• Pain, particularly in the back, bones or joints
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR OLMESARTAN
• Take OLMESARTAN daily at the same time of the day irrespective of meals for best results.
• Depending upon your age, weight and condition your doctor will decide the dosage do not self- medicate yourself. Elderly people should take it in a lower dose as prescribed by the doctor.
• A low fat and salt diet along with exercising is highly recommended to enhance and compliment treatment with OLMESARTAN.
• Consumption of alcohol along with OLMESARTAN is not recommended.
• Do not give it to children, until and unless prescribed by a specialist.
• Do not take OLMESARTAN if you are planning to conceive or pregnant. Breast feeding mothers are also advised not to take it without consulting a doctor.
• Keep your doctor informed if you have or had any previous history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
• Speak with your doctor instantly if you have sudden dip in blood pressure, severe allergic rashes and swelling in the ankle, face, lips or mouth or extreme tiredness with muscle weakness while taking OLMESARTAN. Your doctor may discontinue or change the medicine.
• Do not stop OLMESARTAN suddenly without consulting your doctor. It may pose a risk of high blood pressure and related cardiac problems.
• Regularly monitor blood pressure levels to prevent low blood pressure.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does OLMESARTAN work? A) OLMESARTAN works by blocking angiotensin II receptor. Angiotensin II narrows the blood vessels, so by blocking its effect, OLMESARTAN allows the blood vessels to relax and widen. Due to this, the pressure within the blood vessels is reduced, thereby decreases the blood pressure.
Q) Can OLMESARTAN be taken with other blood pressure lowering medicines ? A) It is advisable to check with your doctor before taking OLMESARTAN along with other blood pressure lowering medicines because it may lead to unnecessary lowering of blood pressure which can lead to dizziness, fainting and other harmful conditions.
Q) Does OLMESARTAN cause increased potassium levels? A) OLMESARTAN may cause hyperkalaemia, a condition with an increase in the potassium levels in the blood. It is recommended to use with caution in patients who are using potassium-sparing diuretics or potassium supplements and in patients with impaired kidney function.
Q) Can I stop taking OLMESARTAN on my own? A) Please do not stop taking OLMESARTAN without consulting your doctor on your own as it may lead to rise in blood pressure.
Q) Can I take painkillers with OLMESARTAN? A) It is not recommended to take painkillers especially aspirin and ibuprofen with OLMESARTAN as there may be an unpleasant interaction between them. Please consult your doctor before taking any painkillers.
Q) Is OLMESARTAN Safe? A) OLMESARTAN is Safe and well tolerated drug as long as you take it according to the directions of your doctor.