Olanzapine Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT OLANZAPINE
OLANZAPINE belongs to a class of atypical antipsychotics. OLANZAPINE is used in the treatment of mental disorders such as Schizophrenia (mental disorder) and maniac episodes (elevated or irritable mood).
• Weight gain
• Low blood pressure
• Feeling more hungry
• Unusual movements (dyskinesias)
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR OLANZAPINE
• Take OLANZAPINE irrespective of the meals with a glass of water regularly at the same time.
• Keep your doctor informed if you have or had any history of blood clots.
• If you have any previous history of eye problems such as glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye), you are recommended to avoid taking OLANZAPINE.
• You are suggested to avoid drinking alcohol while taking OLANZAPINE as it may cause drowsiness.
• If you experience any rash, itching, shortness of breath, swollen face or lips, please consult your doctor as it may be due to an allergic reaction. Also inform your doctor if you are allergic to OLANZAPINE.
• You are advised to regularly check your blood sugar and fat levels before taking OLANZAPINE and while on treatment with OLANZAPINE.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Is it safe to use OLANZAPINE during pregnancy? A. No, it is not safe to use OLANZAPINE during pregnancy. However, you are recommended to consult a doctor before taking OLANZAPINE during pregnancy. It is reported that the use of OLANZAPINE in the last 3 months of pregnancy may cause sleepiness, shaking, muscle stiffness or weakness or breathing problems in the new born baby.
Q. Can I stop taking OLANZAPINE on my own? A. No, please do not stop taking OLANZAPINE on your own even if there is symptomatic relief as it may lead to adverse effects such as nausea, difficulty in sleeping, vomiting, sweating, anxiety or tremor. Hence, you are advised to complete the full course as prescribed by your doctor. However, if there is any discomfort, consult your doctor so that the dose may be reduced gradually.
Q. Does OLANZAPINE cause weight gain? A. Yes, it is common to gain weight while taking OLANZAPINE as OLANZAPINE makes you feel hungrier. It is advisable to follow diet or if required consult a dietician for a diet plan while you are on this medication. Please inform your doctor if you think youve put on weight than normal.
Q. Does OLANZAPINE cause drowsiness? A. Yes, OLANZAPINE may cause drowsiness. You are strongly advised to avoid any activity that requires your attention.
Q. What happens if I take more than the prescribed dose? A. You are advised not to overdose with OLANZAPINE as it may lead to adverse effects such as aggressiveness, rapid heartbeat, problems with speech, unusual movements (especially of the face or tongue), reduced level of consciousness, high blood pressure or low blood pressure. In case you experience any of these symptoms, immediately consult your doctor.