Ofloxacin Syrup: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT OFLOXACIN
OFLOXACIN belongs to a group of quinolone antibiotics. It is used to treat infections of chest, urinary tract, female and male genitals.
• Skin reactions
• Stomach upset
• Unsual heartbeats
• Nausea and vomiting
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR OFLOXACIN
• OFLOXACIN can be taken irrespective of meals or with a light meal to avoid stomach upset.
• Avoid heavy meals while on OFLOXACIN medication as it will affect the way medicine works and you may also experience stomach upset with OFLOXACIN.
• Avoid dairy and milk products too. Take light, and non-spicy meals.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic and do not leave it in the mid-way despite symptomatic relief. It may take 7-12 days for the infection to disappear completely.
• Keep your doctor informed if you are taking any other medication along with OFLOXACIN.
• Do not hesitate to contact your doctor if you are experiencing sudden onset of rashes or swelling in the face, lips, mouth, throat or entire body.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does OFLOXACIN work? A) OFLOXACIN works by preventing protein synthesis of bacteria, which are essential for bacteria to grow, replicate and increase in numbers.
Q) What are the female and male genital infections treated by OFLOXACIN? A) Gonorrhea and chlamydia are among the top infections OFLOXACIN is effectively used to treat. Other sexually transmitted diseases and urinary tract infections are also treated effectively with OFLOXACIN.
Q) Can I take antacids with OFLOXACIN? A) Yes, but do keep a gap of at least 2 hours between antacids and OFLOXACIN. This is because antacids alter the efficacy of OFLOXACIN hence it better not to take them together.
Q) How long can I take OFLOXACIN? A) OFLOXACIN can be taken Safely as long as your doctor has prescribed it for you. However, taking it for more than two months without doctors advice can cause harm to you.
Q) Can OFLOXACIN alter heart rate? A) Yes, OFLOXACIN is known to alter heart rate causing rapid and slow heart beats. In case, you feel heavy palpitations after taking OFLOXACIN, lie down and rest. Do discuss with your doctor for an alternative antibiotic.
Q) Can taking OFLOXACIN effect the eyes? A) Yes, taking OFLOXACIN may result in visual impairment and disturbances in rare cases. If you feel flickering of lights in your eyes and vision loss discuss with your doctor immediately without any further delay. Visit an ophthalmologist to ensure restoration of normal vision.
Q) Can OFLOXACIN be used to treat flu? A) No, antibiotics such as OFLOXACIN will not work for flu, or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed may increase your risk of getting infection later that resists antibiotic treatment.