Nitrofurantoin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT NITROFURANTOIN
NITROFURANTOIN is a class of medications called nitrofuran antibacterial. NITROFURANTOIN is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of bladder, kidney and other parts of the urinary tract.
• Loose stools
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR NITROFURANTOIN
• Take NITROFURANTOIN with food or milk as directed by your physician/pharmacist.
• Avoid taking NITROFURANTOIN if you have kidney disease, porphyria, G6PD deficiency.
• Take NITROFURANTOIN with caution if you have kidney, liver, lung problems or if you are diabetic.
• Breast-feeding and pregnant women are advised not to take NITROFURANTOIN without consulting a doctor
• NITROFURANTOIN may cause dizziness and drowsiness. Do not drive or use any machines or tools until the dizziness and drowsiness goes away.
• Seek medical help immediately if you experience any allergic reaction symptoms like raised and itchy rash, swelling of the face or mouth causing difficulty in breathing.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How is NITROFURANTOIN helpful? A) NITROFURANTOIN helps by fighting an array of bacterial infections and further prevents bacteria from growing. It acts by interfering with the bacterial protein synthesis and treats the infection. NITROFURANTOIN is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of bladder, kidney and other parts of the urinary tract.
Q) Can I buy NITROFURANTOIN over-the-counter? A) No, NITROFURANTOIN just like other antibiotics require prescription to buy. Do not take it unnecessarily.
Q) Does NITROFURANTOIN alter urine test results? A) Yes, NITROFURANTOIN may interfere with the results of some tests for glucose in the urine. Inform your doctor if you are taking these tests while on NITROFURANTOIN medication.
Q) Does NITROFURANTOIN cure flu? A) No, antibiotics such as NITROFURANTOIN will not work for flu, or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed may increase your risk of getting infection later that resists antibiotic treatment.
Q) Is NITROFURANTOIN overdose safe? A) No, do not overdose on any medication. If you have mistakenly taken too much of NITROFURANTOIN. You may experience symptoms such as stomach ache, nausea and vomiting.
Q) How to store NITROFURANTOIN? A) Store below 25°C away from heat and sunlight. Do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach and sight of the children.