Nimesulide: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT NIMESULIDE
NIMESULIDE is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It is used to treat acute pain, painful osteoarthritis and dysmenorrhoea (period pain).
• Abdominal pain
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR NIMESULIDE
• Take NIMESULIDE with food to avoid stomach upset.
• NIMESULIDE is usually not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
• Elderly people should take NIMESULIDE with caution as it may cause gastrointestinal bleeding.
• While taking NIMESULIDE, avoid consuming alcohol as NIMESULIDE can increase your risk of stomach problems.
• Pregnant women or woman trying to conceive are recommended to avoid taking NIMESULIDE as it can cause serious abnormalities to unborn baby.
• Your doctor will advise you to get laboratory tests done before and during the treatment for evaluating your health condition.
• Check with your doctor before taking any other painkillers with NIMESULIDE as it may cause unwanted side effects.
• It is recommended to not to take NIMESULIDE if you have peptic ulcer, bleeding disorders, coagulation disorders, heart failure, renal impairment, fever and / or flu-like symptoms.
• Inform your doctor if you have kidney, liver or heart problems.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does NIMESULIDE work? A. NIMESULIDE is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It is used to treat acute pain and dysmenorrhoea (period pain). NIMESULIDE works by inhibiting the production of chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation.
Q. Does NIMESULIDE cause gastrointestinal bleeding and ulcers? A. Yes, misuse of NIMESULIDE can cause ulcers and gastrointestinal bleeding. NIMESULIDE may also cause damage to the gastroduodenal mucosa (protective layer of the stomach) and induce bleeding and ulcers in the stomach. Hence, NIMESULIDE should be taken only as prescribed by the doctor. Consult your doctor if you experience severe abdominal pain or blood in stool or vomit.
Q. Can I take NIMESULIDE for migraine? A. NIMESULIDE is not used as a first line treatment for migraine. NIMESULIDE is an analgesic, so it reduces pain but use NIMESULIDE only when prescribed by your doctor.
Q. Can I take NIMESULIDE with aspirin? A. No, you are strongly recommended not to take aspirin along with NIMESULIDE Together they may cause very unpleasant side effects which will harm the body. Please check with our doctor before taking both together.
Q) Can NIMESULIDE be taken to treat gout pain? A) Yes, NIMESULIDE is effective for treating acute gout pain. NIMESULIDE helps in arresting the pain and inflammation (swelling) caused due to gout and other arthritic conditions by inhibiting the production of chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation.