Mometasone: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT MOMETASONE
MOMETASONE belongs to a group of medicines called potent corticosteroids. MOMETASONE is used in treating symptoms like redness and itchiness caused by certain skin problems.
• Bacterial and secondary skin infections
• Inflammation and/or infection of the hair follicles
• Excessive hair growth
• Softening of the skin and stretch marks
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MOMETASONE
• Apply MOMETASONE by wearing disposable plastic gloves to your hands, or if, you are applying with your bare hands, make sure you wash your hands after applying MOMETASONE.
• Avoid MOMETASONE contact with sensitive areas of the body including eyes, mouth, nose. In case of an accidental contact, you must immediately wash the contacted area with warm water.
• Avoid using MOMETASONE on broken or damaged skin.
• You are strongly recommended to apply MOMETASONE as prescribed by your doctor/pharmacist. Avoid applying MOMETASONE to other areas of your body.
• Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicated soaps and skin products, since they contain alcohol that may make the side effects of MOMETASONE worse. Your doctor may change the course, or he may find alternative ways to treat your condition.
• Inform your doctor if you have diabetes. Since MOMETASONE is a steroid medication which might have chances to get absorbed through the skin, it may increase the sugar levels in your blood or urine.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does MOMETASONE work?
A) MOMETASONE is a potent corticosteroid. MOMETASONE works by reducing the production of chemicals that cause inflammation. MOMETASONE helps in reducing symptoms such as pain, warmth, redness, swelling, or itching.
Q) Is MOMETASONE used for Psoriasis?
A) Yes, MOMETASONE is used in the treatment of Psoriasis. MOMETASONE helps in relieving the symptoms of Psoriasis like redness and itchiness. Psoriasis is a skin disease in which itchy, pink, scaly, patches develop on the elbows, scalp, knees, and other parts of the body. However, MOMETASONE does not help in treating of widespread plaque psoriasis.
Q) Is MOMETASONE used for dermatitis?
A) Yes, MOMETASONE is used in the treatment of dermatitis. MOMETASONE helps in relieving the symptoms of dermatitis like redness and itchiness. Dermatitis is a condition brought on by the skin reacting to outside agents e.g. detergents, causing the skin to become red and itchy.
Q) How to store MOMETASONE?
A) Do not store MOMETASONE above 30°C and store it away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach and sight of the children.
Q) Is MOMETASONE safe for children?
A) MOMETASONE is intended to be used only for children of age above 6 years. Please do not use MOMETASONE on your child without doctor's advice. Children are known to have more tendency to absorb larger amounts of MOMETASONE through their skin, so this cause more side effects. MOMETASONE may not be safe to use on a child for longer than 3 weeks.