Midazolam Injection: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT MIDAZOLAM
MIDAZOLAM belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. MIDAZOLAM used as a general anaesthetic in adults.
• Slow heart rate
• Feeling itchy I
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MIDAZOLAM
• MIDAZOLAM is given by healthcare professionals.
• The dose of MIDAZOLAM depends on age, weight and general health.
• Your doctor or nurse may administer MIDAZOLAM into a vein, muscle or into the rectum.
• Avoid taking MIDAZOLAM if you are allergic to MIDAZOLAM or other benzodiazepine medicines, such as diazepam or nitrazepam.
• Avoid taking MIDAZOLAM for conscious sedation if you have severe breathing problems.
• Take MIDAZOLAM with precaution if you ever had drug or alcohol problems and if you are over 60 years of age.
• Consumption of alcohol along with MIDAZOLAM is not recommended. It can cause difficulty in breathing and drowsiness when taken with alcohol.
• MIDAZOLAM may make you feel sleepy or forgetful. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after consuming name
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
• Do not hesitate to speak to your doctor if you have sudden rash, itching or lumpy rash and swelling of the lips, face, tongue or other parts of the body, shortness of breath, wheezing or trouble breathing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does MIDAZOLAM work? A) MIDAZOLAM belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. MIDAZOLAM works by acting on GABA receptors. GABA is known to transmit messages between the nerve cells and helps them to keep balance. MIDAZOLAM helps to calm the excessive electrical nerve activity by increasing the release of GABA which helps to induce sleepiness, reduces anxiety and relaxes the muscles.
Q) Does MIDAZOLAM cause addiction? A) Yes, MIDAZOLAM causes dependence, if it is used on regular basis. However, MIDAZOLAM is well tolerated, and the dependence caused is lesser than other benzodiazepines like diazepam.
Q) Is MIDAZOLAM used for sedation? A) Yes, MIDAZOLAM is used in adults and children to make them feel calm and sleepy if they are in intensive care. This is called