METHYL PREDNISOLONE: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT METHYL PREDNISOLONE
METHYL PREDNISOLONE uses
METHYL PREDNISOLONE belongs to a group of medications called steroids. METHYL PREDNISOLONE used in the treatment of inflammatory or allergic conditions affecting the brain (e.g. meningitis), bowel and gut (e.g. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis), lungs (e.g. tuberculosis, asthma), skin (e.g. Stevens-Johnson Syndrome).
• High blood pressure
• Muscle weakness or wasting
• Poor wound healing
• Feeling depressed, high and anxious
• Round or moon-shaped face
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR METHYL PREDNISOLONE
• METHYL PREDNISOLONE is given by healthcare professionals. METHYL PREDNISOLONE is prescribed when your doctor thinks injections are more suitable for you than tablets. Your doctor may replace your injections as soon as your doctor sees fit.
• Your doctor or nurse will administer METHYL PREDNISOLONE into a vein over a period of 30-60 minutes.
• Do not hesitate to contact your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms such as skin rash or reddening, swollen face or lips or shortness of breath. This may be signs of allergic reactions.
• Avoid taking METHYL PREDNISOLONE if you have any untreated fungal infection, if you are suffering from malaria, if you are suffering from a stroke or head injury. If any of the above applies to you, please do not take METHYL PREDNISOLONE.
• METHYL PREDNISOLONE may cause tiredness and/or dizziness. Do not drive or use any machines or tools until the dizziness goes away.
• Consumption of alcohol along with METHYL PREDNISOLONE is not recommended. METHYL PREDNISOLONE may cause stomach bleeding. You are advised to limit your daily alcohol intake since daily use of alcohol while using METHYL PREDNISOLONE may increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does METHYL PREDNISOLONE work? A) METHYL PREDNISOLONE is a corticosteroid. METHYL PREDNISOLONE works by reducing the production of chemicals that cause inflammation. Corticosteroids are naturally produced in the body and are important for many body functions. Corticosteroids imitates the effects of hormones in the body which are naturally produced in adrenal glands. METHYL PREDNISOLONE when prescribed in doses that exceed usual body levels helps in suppressing inflammation or inflammatory conditions.
Q) Is METHYL PREDNISOLONE safe for children? A) No, METHYL PREDNISOLONE is not safe for children. METHYL PREDNISOLONE is known to affect growth in children. Your doctor may prescribe METHYL PREDNISOLONE to your child at a lower dose. You are recommended to follow the dosage chart as instructed by the doctor to avoid unnecessary side effects.
Q) Does taking METHYL PREDNISOLONE cause neurological problems (mental health problems)? A) Yes, METHYL PREDNISOLONE is known to cause mental health problems. However, these problems might go after stopping the METHYL PREDNISOLONE or lowering the dose of METHYL PREDNISOLONE. You may experience symptoms of depression, suicidal ideations etc. These symptoms usually start after few days or weeks of starting the METHYL PREDNISOLONE. You are strongly advised to inform your doctor if these symptoms do not go away. Your doctor may prescribe other medications for treatment of depression or suicidal ideations.
Q) Can I take vaccination while using METHYL PREDNISOLONE? A) No, you are advised not to have vaccinations/immunizations unless your doctor tells you. This is because METHYL PREDNISOLONE may intervene and cause live bacterial vaccines not to work.