Meropenem Injection: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT MEROPENEM
MEROPENEM belongs to the class of carbapenem antibiotics. MEROPENEM is used to treat severe bacterial infections of brain, lungs, urinary tract, stomach, skin and soft tissues.
• Itchy skin rash
• Stomach pain
• Pain and inflammation
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MEROPENEM
• You are recommended to give MEROPENEM to others or yourself at home only after you are trained by a doctor or nurse.
• MEROPENEM must be diluted as per doctor’s instructions and used immediately.
• If you notice brown or red urine while taking MEROPENEM, immediately consult a doctor as it may be an indication of red blood cells damage.
• Inform your doctor if you have any kidney or liver problems.
• Bring to your doctor’s notice if you have taken or taking any other medicines before taking MEROPENEM.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Is MEROPENEM used to treat bacterial meningitis? A. Yes, MEROPENEM is used to treat bacterial meningitis. MEROPENEM is an antibiotic which is used to treat serious bacterial infections of stomach, brain, lungs, urinary tract and skin. MEROPENEM works by inhibiting bacterial cell wall thereby killing the bacteria.
Q. Does MEROPENEM cause diarrhoea? A. Yes, MEROPENEM may cause diarrhoea. However, if the condition becomes severe, you are advised to consult a doctor and avoid the use of other medicines to treat diarrhoea as they may worsen the condition.
Q. Can I take MEROPENEM if I am allergic to penicillin? A. No, you are advised to avoid taking MEROPENEM if you are allergic to penicillins or any other antibiotics such as carbapenems or cephalosporins.
Q. Can I take sodium valproate with MEROPENEM? A. No, you are recommended to avoid taking sodium valproate with MEROPENEM as the effect of sodium valproate may be reduced if taken together.
Q. Is MEROPENEM safe for children? A. Yes, MEROPENEM is safe for children older than 3 months. It is advised to use MEROPENEM as prescribed by a doctor.