LORATADINE: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT LORATADINE
LORATADINE is an anihistamine. LORATADINE is used to temporarily relieve the symptoms of hay fever (allergic reaction to pollen, dust etc) and other allergies symptoms such as itchy eyes, nose or throat, runny nose, sneezing. LORATADINE is also used to treat itching and redness caused by hives.
• Mouth sores
• Dry mouth
• Nose bleed
• Sore throat
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR LORATADINE
• Take LORATADINE with or without food. Until and unless your doctor has asked you to avoid certain foods.
• Inform your doctor if you have ever had asthma or kidney and liver diseases.
• LORATADINE should not be used for hives (urticaria / skin rashes) that are bruised (infected) or blistered (bubbled).
• Inform your doctor and with his/her consent stop taking LORATADINE at least 4-5 days before if you are going to take an allergy test. Testing for allergy while taking LORATADINE can lead to inaccurate results.
• Avoid taking alcohol along with LORATADINE. It may result in excessive drowsiness and sleepiness.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does LORATADINE work? A) LORATADINE is an anti-histamine. It works by blocking the action of histamine (a substance in the body that causes allergy symptoms) and is used in treating the symptoms of hay fever and other allergies temporarily.
Q) Can I take LORATADINE to treat cold/sinus? A) Yes, LORATADINE can be used to treat cold and sinus symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes and runny nose.
Q) Does LORATADINE cause weight gain? A) No, LORATADINE is not known to cause weight gain. However, it is known to cause increased appetite. Regular diet and exercise would be helpful to maintain the weight normal. Please consult your doctor if you see any abnormal changes in your weight.
Q) Is LORATADINE and Zyrtec are same? A) No, LORATADINE is different from Zyrtec. Zyrtec contains cetirizine (used to treat cold or allergy symptoms). But both LORATADINE and Zyrtec belong to the same category of antihistamines.
Q) Does LORATADINE cause insomnia? A) Yes, LORATADINE has a side effect of insomnia (difficulty in sleeping). However, it is not necessary for everyone to experience this side effect. It is suggested that Sticking to a regular sleep schedule (same bed time and wake up time) would be helpful to overcome insomnia.