Lithium Carbonate: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT LITHIUM CARBONATE
LITHIUM CARBONATE uses
LITHIUM CARBONATE used to treat and prevent mania or manic-depressive illness and recurrent depression. LITHIUM CARBONATE also sometimes used to treat other behavioral disorders.
• Irregular heartbeat
• High temperature
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR LITHIUM CARBONATE
• Take LITHIUM CARBONATE irrespective of meals and at the same time daily for best results. Take LITHIUM CARBONATE only when prescribed by a doctor.
• Avoid taking LITHIUM CARBONATE if you have problems with rhythm of your heart, if you have Brugada syndrome. If any of the above applies to you, please avoid taking LITHIUM CARBONATE and speak to your doctor for more information.
• Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any of the disease condition like epilepsy, heart disease, persistent headaches and/ or visual disturbances, if you have low amounts of potassium, magnesium and calcium in your blood and kidney tumors.
• Do not hesitate to speak to your doctor if you have rash, itching, fever, difficulty in breathing or wheezing, chills, swollen eyelids, lips, tongue or throat.
• Tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or any other mental disorder, hospitalized for mental illnesses, drug or alcohol addiction before taking medicines for severe anxiety.
• You are recommended not to take alcohol along with LITHIUM CARBONATE. Together they bring up very unpleasant side effects.
• Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should avoid taking LITHIUM CARBONATE.
• Drive only if you are mentally alert and physically stable after consuming LITHIUM CARBONATE.
• If you are allergic to LITHIUM CARBONATE or any other ingredients in the medicine inform your doctor instantly.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medications or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does LITHIUM CARBONATE work?
A. LITHIUM CARBONATE works by lowering the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain. It is also thought that LITHIUM CARBONATE helps in strengthening the nerve cell connections in brain regions which are involved in regulating mood and behavior.
Q. Does LITHIUM CARBONATE cause kidney problems?
A. Yes, LITHIUM CARBONATE may cause kidney problems which may be irreversible, symptoms may include passing a lot of urine or feeling thirsty and swollen ankles. One can also get diagnosed with Benign/malignant kidney tumors when taking LITHIUM CARBONATE for long-term. People with kidney impairment and serious kidney disease should not take LITHIUM CARBONATE. Your doctor may check your kidney, thyroid, heart and urine before prescribing LITHIUM CARBONATE. You are strongly advised not to take LITHIUM CARBONATE on your own since it may cause serious kidney problems when taken in uneven doses.
Q. Does LITHIUM CARBONATE cause weight gain?
A. Yes, one can experience weight gain, loss of appetite or too much calcium, magnesium or sugar in the blood.
Q. Is LITHIUM CARBONATE safe on overdose?
A. No, you are advised not to overdose on any medication. If you have mistakenly took too many tablets, seek emergency medical help. You may experience symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite and nausea, sickness, blurred vision, passing a lot of water, light-headedness, tremor, muscle weakness or drowsiness and feeling very tired. In some extreme cases, one can experience unconsciousness, coma, fits, heart rhythm problems and kidney failure.
Q. How to store LITHIUM CARBONATE?
A. Store LITHIUM CARBONATE below 25ºC. Keep LITHIUM CARBONATE out of the reach and sight of children.