Levofloxacin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT LEVOFLOXACIN
LEVOFLOXACIN belongs to a class of quinolone antibiotics. LEVOFLOXACIN is used to treat wide range of bacterial infections such as lungs, sinuses, urinary tract, prostate gland, soft tissues and skin infections.
• Sleep disorders
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR LEVOFLOXACIN
• Take LEVOFLOXACIN irrespective of meals with plenty of water.
• You are suggested to avoid taking LEVOFLOXACIN with citrus fruits such as orange juice as it may cause unpleasant side effects.
• Do not hesitate to inform your doctor if you experience onset of severe bloody diarrhoea during, or after treatment with LEVOFLOXACIN.
• Keep your doctor informed if you ever had fits, brain injury, kidney, liver or heart problems before taking LEVOFLOXACIN.
• If you are using any other medicines, bring to your doctor's notice before taking LEVOFLOXACIN.
• If you experience swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue, rash, or find difficulty in swallowing or breathing, please contact your doctor immediately as these might be signs of an allergic reaction. Also keep your doctor informed if you are allergic to LEVOFLOXACIN.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic as prescribed by your doctor. Do not leave it in the midway despite symptomatic relief as it may lead to recurrence of infection or worsen the condition.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does LEVOFLOXACIN work?
A. LEVOFLOXACIN works by blocking a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This enzyme is involved in repairing and replicating the genetic material of the bacteria. If the enzyme doesn't work, the bacteria can't repair themselves or reproduce, this will help in killing the bacteria, thereby curing the infection.
Q. Can I take LEVOFLOXACIN with other medicines?
A. You are advised not to take LEVOFLOXACIN with other medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, warfarin, sotalol, ciclosporin and theophylline as it may increase the risk of side effects. Besides these medicines, if you are taking zinc supplements, iron tablets, antacids, sucralfate or didanosine, it is recommended to maintain a time gap of 2 hours before or after taking LEVOFLOXACIN. However, consult your doctor before taking LEVOFLOXACIN.
Q. Can I take LEVOFLOXACIN if I am allergic to ciprofloxacin?
A. No, you are advised not to take LEVOFLOXACIN if you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any other antibiotics such as moxifloxacin or ofloxacin.
Q. Does LEVOFLOXACIN alter any laboratory test results?
A. Yes, LEVOFLOXACIN may significantly alter your urine test or tuberculosis tests results. Inform your doctor if you are taking this test while on LEVOFLOXACIN.