Levofloxacin Syrup: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT LEVOFLOXACIN
LEVOFLOXACIN belongs to a class of quinolone antibiotics. LEVOFLOXACIN is used to treat wide range of bacterial infections such as lungs, sinuses, urinary tract, prostate gland, soft tissues and skin infections.
• Sleep disorders
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR LEVOFLOXACIN
• Take LEVOFLOXACIN irrespective of the meals daily at the same time for best results.
• Shake the bottle well before use.
• You are recommended to drink plenty of fluids while taking LEVOFLOXACIN to avoid crystal formation in urine and highly concentrated urine.
• If you experience swelling of the face, lips, throat or tongue, rash, difficulty in swallowing or breathing, please contact your doctor immediately as these might be signs of an allergic reaction. Also keep your doctor informed if you are allergic to LEVOFLOXACIN.
• Inform your doctor if you ever had fits, brain injury, kidney, liver or heart problems before taking LEVOFLOXACIN.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic as prescribed by your doctor. You are not recommended to discontinue LEVOFLOXACIN despite of symptomatic relief as it may lead to recurrence of infection or worsen the condition.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does LEVOFLOXACIN work?
A. LEVOFLOXACIN is a quinolone antibiotic. LEVOFLOXACIN works by blocking a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase which is involved in repairing and replicating the genetic material of the bacteria. If the enzyme doesn't work, the bacteria can't repair themselves or reproduce, this will help in killing the bacteria, thereby cures the infection.
Q. Can I take LEVOFLOXACIN with other medicines?
A. You are not advised to take LEVOFLOXACIN with other medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, warfarin, sotalol, ciclosporin and theophylline as it may increase the risk of side effects. Besides these medicines, if you are taking zinc supplements, iron tablets, antacids, sucralfate or didanosine, it is recommended to maintain a time gap of 2 hours before or after taking LEVOFLOXACIN. However, consult your doctor before taking LEVOFLOXACIN with other medicines.
Q. Does LEVOFLOXACIN affect blood sugar levels?
A. Yes, LEVOFLOXACIN may alter blood sugar levels leading to hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) or hyperglycaemia (high blood sugar) when taken along with antidiabetic medicines. Therefore, regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is recommended while taking LEVOFLOXACIN with antidiabetic medicines.
Q. Can I take LEVOFLOXACIN if I am allergic to ciprofloxacin?
A. No, you are not recommended to take LEVOFLOXACIN if you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any other antibiotics such as moxifloxacin or ofloxacin. However, consult your doctor before taking LEVOFLOXACIN.
Q. Does LEVOFLOXACIN alter any laboratory test results?
A. Yes, LEVOFLOXACIN may significantly alter your urine test or tuberculosis tests results. Inform your doctor before undergoing any tests while taking LEVOFLOXACIN.