LEVOCETIRIZINE: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT LEVOCETIRIZINE
LEVOCETIRIZINE is an antihistamine used to relieve allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, itching eyes/nose, and sneezing. LEVOCETIRIZINE is also known to relieve hives and itching.
• Blurred vision
• Runny Nose and Cough
• Dry mouth
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR LEVOCETIRIZINE
• Take LEVOCETIRIZINE in the evening or night irrespective of meals for best results.
• Only take LEVOCETIRIZINE twice a day if it has been prescribed by a doctor. Do not self-medicate. Taking excess of LEVOCETIRIZINE can lead to harmful effects.
• LEVOCETIRIZINE is not recommended for children below 6 years until and unless prescribed by a child specialist.
• Consumption of alcohol and smoking along with LEVOCETIRIZINE is not recommended.
• Check with your doctor if you are planning to conceive or pregnant. Breast feeding mothers are also advised not to take LEVOCETIRIZINE without consulting a doctor.
• Be cautious while driving and engaging in activities which require mental and physical coordination. LEVOCETIRIZINE can cause mild drowsiness and sleepiness.
• Keep your doctor informed if you have or had any previous history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
• Speak with your doctor instantly if you are experiencing unusual swelling, rashes or fluctuations in heartbeats.
• You can take other medicines along with LEVOCETIRIZINE for example paracetamol and antibiotics to bring quick relief to your symptoms as LEVOCETIRIZINE has minimal drug-drug interaction.
• If your symptoms, allergy and asthma induced complications such as wheezing, bronchitis, allergic rhinitis increase inspite of taking the medicine for more than 3-4 days, then check with your doctor immediately. There are very high chances that allergic symptoms have gone uncontrolled.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does LEVOCETIRIZINE help? A) LEVOCETIRIZINE is very effective in arresting a wide spectrum of allergies. When allergic reactions occur in the body the body produces a chemical called "histamines" hence LEVOCETIRIZINE helps in arresting the histamines as it is an antihistamine and brings us relief from symptoms of allergies such as sneezing, rashes, swelling, itching and runny nose.
Q) Is LEVOCETIRIZINE and cetirizine are same? A) LEVOCETIRIZINE and cetirizine both are antihistamines. LEVOCETIRIZINE has been found to be less sedating (drowsiness) than cetirizine. LEVOCETIRIZINE is a mirror image of cetirizine chemically, but minus the side effect of drowsiness (R-isomer) form.
Q) Is LEVOCETIRIZINE an over the counter (OTC) product? A) LEVOCETIRIZINE is not an over the counter (OTC) product. It's a prescription medicine. But it is commonly available in all pharmacies and shops across the country due to its common usage. Incase of allergy or sneezing taking 1 a day is recommended. Taking it more than required can lead to unwanted side effects.
Q) Does levocetirizine make you drowsy? A) Although LEVOCETIRIZINE is classified as a non-drowsy antihistamine, it can still cause drowsiness in a few people. Please consult your doctor before using LEVOCETIRIZINE.
Q) Does LEVOCETIRIZINE make you gain weight? A) Yes, when taken for a long time LEVOCETIRIZINE increases appetite, which can cause weight gain. When taking LEVOCETIRIZINE for a long time make sure you eat low carbs, high fibre meals to check on weight gain. Incase you feel your weight has drastically changed consult with your doctor immediately.