Ketoconazole: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT KETOCONAZOLE
KETOCONAZOLE is an antifungal agent. KETOCONAZOLE is used to treat fungal infections on the scalp and skin such as dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis (dry or greasy scaling on the skin) and pityriasis versicolor (small white to brown patches on the skin).
• Dry skin
• Burning feeling
• hair roots infection
• Increased production of tears
• Hair loss
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR KETOCONAZOLE
• Use KETOCONAZOLE as prescribed by your doctor.
• Read the label carefully before applying.
• You are advised to wash your hands before and after using KETOCONAZOLE.
• You are recommended to wash the hair or affected area with KETOCONAZOLE.
• Leave it for 3-5 minutes then rinse thoroughly with water.
• Between the treatment with KETOCONAZOLE you can wash your hair with your regular shampoo. If your hair is too thick then first wash the hair with regular shampoo, then wash with KETOCONAZOLE.
• It is suggested to keep the affected area clean and dry.
• Avoid excessive rubbing and do not scratch the infected area as it may damage the infected area and infection may spread further.
• You are advised to wash your clothes in warm water to remove fungal spores and shed skin.
• Do not share towels, toiletries, bath mats etc. with others as you could spread the infection to them.
• KETOCONAZOLE is not recommended for children and adolescents.
• If KETOCONAZOLE accidentally gets into your eyes or mouth, then rinse it off with water thoroughly and consult a doctor.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does KETOCONAZOLE work? A. Cell membranes play essential role for the survival of fungi. KETOCONAZOLE works by inhibiting essential component of fungal cell membranes i.e., ergosterol and cell membrane disintegration leads to fungal death which results in clearing the infection.
Q. Can I take bath after applying KETOCONAZOLE on the skin? A. Yes, you can take bath after applying KETOCONAZOLE but make sure that you should not take bath right after applying KETOCONAZOLE as it may wash off the medicine.
Q. Can I stop KETOCONAZOLE on my own? A. No, you are advised to take KETOCONAZOLE as long as your doctor has asked you to take it. This is because KETOCONAZOLE when stopped in the midway can lead to recurring of infection with greater intensity. Even if your symptoms improve before the medicine course is complete, do not stop or skip KETOCONAZOLE as it may also increase your risk of further infection and antifungal resistance.
Q. Can I use conditioner after using KETOCONAZOLE shampoo for hair. A. No, you are recommended not to use conditioner on the scalp after using shampoo on your hair because conditioner may decrease the effectiveness of KETOCONAZOLE and worsen your condition. If you want, you can condition the hair ends.
Q. Does KETOCONAZOLE used to treat bacterial infections? A. No, KETOCONAZOLE is an antifungal agent. It clears fungal infection by inhibiting essential component of fungal cell membranes.