Ivermectin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT IVERMECTIN
IVERMECTIN belongs to the class of anthelmintics. IVERMECTIN is used to treat parasitic infections such as intestinal strongyloidiasis (gut infection) caused by Strongyloides stercoralis and microfilaraemia (blood infection) caused by Wuchereria bancrofti.
• Low blood pressure on standing
• Rapid heart rate
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR IVERMECTIN
• Take IVERMECTIN on an empty stomach with a glass of water daily at the same time for best results.
• If there is sudden onset of skin rash, difficulty in breathing or fever after taking IVERMECTIN, please inform your doctor immediately as it might be due to an allergic reaction to IVERMECTIN.
• Bring to you doctor’s notice if you are taking or haven any medicines before taking IVERMECTIN.
• Inform your doctor if you have weak immunity before taking IVERMECTIN.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does IVERMECTIN work? A. IVERMECTIN is an anthelmintic. IVERMECTIN is used to treat parasitic infections. IVERMECTIN works by paralyzing and killing the parasites thereby treats the infection.
Q. Is IVERMECTIN used to treat scabies? A. Yes, IVERMECTIN may be used to treat scabies (severe itchy skin condition that is contagious caused by mites) by killing the mites. However, IVERMECTIN is recommended for use only when prescribed by a doctor.
Q. Is IVERMECTIN safe for children? A. Yes, IVERMECTIN is recommended to use in children if prescribed by a doctor as IVERMECTIN is given based on body weight. However, you are recommended to crush IVERMECTIN before swallowing when giving to children below 6 years.
Q. Can I drink alcohol while taking IVERMECTIN? A. No, you are not recommended to drink alcohol while taking IVERMECTIN as it may lead to increased side effects such as dizziness, nausea, rapid heart rate and diarrhea.
Q. Does IVERMECTIN kill adult worms? A. No, IVERMECTIN does not kill adult worms. IVERMECTIN is used to treat infections caused by immature worms.