IMIPRAMINE: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT IMIPRAMINE
IMIPRAMINE is a tricyclic antidepressant(TCA) that is used to treat depression in adults and bedwetting in children.
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR IMIPRAMINE
• Do not self medicate. Take it only when prescribed by a doctor.
• IMIPRAMINE should be taken as per doctor's instructions. It is best to take it in the day time as IMIPRAMINE may cause sleeplessness if taken in the night.
• IMIPRAMINE is comparatively Safer drug for geriatric patients (old age ) with mental disorders as this drug is not heart damaging.
• Do not hesitate to speak with your doctor if you have trouble in swallowing or breathing, swelling of eyelids, face or lips, rashes, amnesia, jaundice, violent or inappropriate behaviour, nightmares, hallucinations, delusions, restlessness and agitation.
• Also tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or any other mental disorder, hospitalized for mental illnesses, drug or alcohol addiction before taking medicines for severe anxiety.
• You are recommended not to take alcohol along with IMIPRAMINE. Together they bring up very unpleasant side effects.
• Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should discuss with their doctor compulsorily before taking it.
• Enrolling in activities like yoga, swimming, dancing etc can help in overcoming depression and anxiety. Additionally, Breathing exercises (pranayams) have shown remarkable effects in coping up with depression and anxiety.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What is IMIPRAMINE used for? A. IMIPRAMINE belongs to a group of medicines called tricyclic antidepressants. It is used to treat depression in adults and bedwetting in children. It is used to elevate your mood levels and helps you to fight your depression.
Q. What if I take more than the prescribed dose? A. If you take more than the prescribed dose, immediately inform your family members/friends and call your doctor or go to the nearest hospital. Take the medicine strip or bottle with you, even if it is empty. Do not panic if you experience irregular heartbeat, low blood pressure, fits, coma, agitation, drowsiness, fever or muscle rigidity. Your doctors will ensure the symptoms to subside.
Q. What if I forget to take IMIPRAMINE? A. If you forget to take IMIPRAMINE, skip that dose and take the regular dose the next time. Do not take the forgotten dose with the prescribed dose. It may cause increase the effect of IMIPRAMINE and cause unwanted side effects.
Q. When can I stop IMIPRAMINE? A. Always check with your doctor before stopping the medicine. It is important not to stop taking IMIPRAMINE suddenly. Do not panic if you experience withdrawal symptoms such as nausea, stomach pain, diarrhoea, nervousness, anxiety, headache, lack of sleep, irritability. If you experience any of those symptoms, speak with your doctor.
Q. Can I take IMIPRAMINE with levocetirizine? A. It is not Safe to take IMIPRAMINE with levocetirizine. However, talk to your doctor about the Safety of using IMIPRAMINE with antihistamines.
Q. Is it Safe to give IMIPRAMINE to children? A. Yes, IMIPRAMINE is Safely used to treat bedwetting in children. However, it is not Safe to give IMIPRAMINE to children for more than 3 months.