Hydroxyzine: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT HYDROXYZINE
HYDROXYZINE belongs to the class of antihistamines. HYDROXYZINE is used to treat allergic reactions such as itching due to urticaria (skin rash) and dermatitis.
• Dry mouth
• Sleep disturbances
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR HYDROXYZINE
• Take HYDROXYZINE irrespective of the meals daily at the same time for best results.
• If you experience rapid or irregular heartbeat, unconsciousness or difficulty in breathing while taking HYDROXYZINE, you are recommended to avoid taking HYDROXYZINE and please consult a doctor immediately.
• If you are allergic to any sugars, please inform your doctor before taking HYDROXYZINE as HYDROXYZINE contains lactose and may lead to adverse effects such as stomach cramps, vomiting, nausea and diarrhoea.
• You are recommended to avoid drinking alcohol while taking HYDROXYZINE as it may result increase the sedative effects such as drowsiness and dizziness.
• Drive only if you are alert as HYDROXYZINE may cause drowsiness especially in the initial days of treatment with HYDROXYZINE.
• Inform your doctor if you have high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, liver, kidney or heart diseases, porphyria (blood problem), asthma, glaucoma (increased pressure in eye damaging vision), fits or memory loss before taking HYDROXYZINE.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does HYDROXYZINE work? A. HYDROXYZINE is an antihistamine. HYDROXYZINE works by reducing the activity of natural chemical substance called histamine in the body. Histamine is responsible for causing allergic symptoms such as rashes or itching on the skin. Therefore, by reducing the activity of histamine, allergic reactions are treated.
Q. Can I take HYDROXYZINE if I am allergic to cetirizine? A. No, you are not recommended to take HYDROXYZINE if you are allergic to cetirizine, aminophylline or ethylenediamine as it may cause irregular heart rate, fits, drowsiness, stomach pain, diarrhoea or headache. However, consult a doctor before taking HYDROXYZINE.
Q. Is HYDROXYZINE safe to use during pregnancy? A. No, HYDROXYZINE is not recommended for use in pregnant women because use of HYDROXYZINE during pregnancy especially first 3 months may result in adverse effects such as reduced foetal heart rate or increase the risk of fits in infants. However, consult a doctor before using HYDROXYZINE.
Q. Does HYDROXYZINE affect vision? A. Yes, HYDROXYZINE may cause blurred vision as a common side effect. If you notice any problems with your vision while taking HYDROXYZINE, please consult a doctor so that the dose might be reduced.
Q. Can I take erythromycin with HYDROXYZINE? A. No, you are not recommended to take erythromycin with HYDROXYZINE as taking together might lead to increased risk of irregular heartbeat. However, please consult your doctor before taking other medicines with HYDROXYZINE.
Q. What happens if I take more than the prescribed dose? A. You are not recommended to take more than the prescribed dose of HYDROXYZINE as it may lead to adverse effects such as shaking, fits, fast or slow heart rate, slow breathing, unconsciousness, drowsiness, constipation or difficulty in urination. However, if you notice any of these symptoms, please consult a doctor immediately. Also inform your doctor if you took any other medicines with HYDROXYZINE at the same time.