Hydrocortisone Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT HYDROCORTISONE
HYDROCORTISONE belongs to a group of medicines known as corticosteroids. HYDROCORTISONE is used as replacement therapy in primary, secondary or acute adrenocortical insufficiency.
• Feeling confused
• Blurred vision
• Worsening of any eye infections
• High blood pressure
• Blood clots
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR HYDROCORTISONE
• Take HYDROCORTISONE irrespective of meals daily at same time for best results.
• Avoid taking HYDROCORTISONE if you have thrush, candida or any other fungal infection and if you have been vaccinated recently.
• Keep your doctor informed about taking HYDROCORTISONE while taking any blood/urine test as HYDROCORTISONE may alter the results of some diagnostic tests.
• Inform you doctor if you have or had tuberculosis, epilepsy, osteoporosis, diabetes, glaucoma, liver, kidney or heart disease.
• Speak to your doctor immediately if you get suicidal thoughts, if you suffer from GI problems and other mood related changes after taking HYDROCORTISONE.
• Pregnant women, women trying to conceive, and breast-feeding mothers are recommended to avoid HYDROCORTISONE.
• HYDROCORTISONE may increase your susceptibility to infections and masks infection symptoms, so consult your doctor if you have any signs of infection while taking HYDROCORTISONE.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medications or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does HYDROCORTISONE work?
A. HYDROCORTISONE is a corticosteroid. HYDROCORTISONE is used to treat inflammation and immune system diseases such as asthma, severe allergic reactions, local inflammation, severe shock and used to help prevent organ transplant rejection. HYDROCORTISONE works by reducing the production of chemicals that cause inflammations. Corticosteroids are produced naturally in the body and are important for many body functions. Corticosteroids imitates the effects of hormones in the body which are naturally produced in adrenal glands.
Q. Can I take HYDROCORTISONE with antibiotics?
A. No, it is not recommended to take HYDROCORTISONE with antibiotics because antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of HYDROCORTISONE. Hence, it is best to consult a doctor before taking them together.
Q. Can taking HYDROCORTISONE cause mental health problems?
A. Yes, there have been few reported cases in association with HYDROCORTISONE to cause mild mental health problems, however, they may go after stopping or lowering the dose of HYDROCORTISONE. You may experience symptoms of mild depression and distorted thoughts. These symptoms usually start after few days or weeks of starting the HYDROCORTISONE. But you are strongly advised to inform your doctor if these symptoms do not go away. Your doctor may stop or prescribe other medications to suit your condition.
Q. Does HYDROCORTISONE cause glaucoma?
A. Yes, HYDROCORTISONE may cause glaucoma if taken for long time. HYDROCORTISONE might Increase the fluid pressure in the eye and cause glaucoma. Inform your doctor if you experience blurry vision, reddening of the eye, visual disturbance, etc.
Q. Can I take vaccination while using HYDROCORTISONE?
A. No, you are advised not to take vaccinations or any kind of immunizations unless it is absolutely recommended by your doctor. This is because HYDROCORTISONE may intervene with vaccinations and cause live vaccines to be ineffective.