Hydralazine: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT HYDRALAZINE
HYDRALAZINE is an antihypertensive. HYDRALAZINE is used in the treatment of severe hypertension (very high blood pressure), especially, in pregnant women or those with kidney diseases.
• Pain and inflammation at injection site
• Rapid heartbeat
• Low blood pressure
• Chest pain
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR HYDRALAZINE
• HYDRALAZINE is given by a healthcare professional.
• Please do not self-administer HYDRALAZINE.
• If you have other health conditions such as excess thyroid in blood, systemic lupus erythematosus, severe heart conditions, serious liver or kidney problems, please inform the doctor before taking HYDRALAZINE.
• Inform the doctor about all the current and past medication, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal products.
• Do not take hydralazine, dihydralazine or any ingredients mentioned in the label. If you observe any allergic reactions after receiving HYDRALAZINE, immediately inform the doctor.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does HYDRALAZINE work?
A) HYDRALAZINE belongs to a group of medicines called antihypertensives. It works by relaxing the blood vessels in the heart. Thus, it helps to supply more oxygen and blood to the heart muscles. HYDRALAZINE helps to control blood pressure in severe hypertensive people.
Q) Is HYDRALAZINE given as an injection or infusion?
A) HYDRALAZINE can be given both as injection and infusion. HYDRALAZINE is given only by a healthcare professional such as a doctor or a nurse. If it is given as an injection, it is injected slowly and carefully into the veins. If it is given as an infusion, it is diluted by injecting into the infusion bag.
Q) Can I take HYDRALAZINE if I have severe tachycardia or other heart conditions?
A) No, you are recommended not to take HYDRALAZINE if you have tachycardia. HYDRALAZINE is also not recommended for people with impaired heart function known as myocardial insufficiency, had a heart attack in the past three months, severe angina or blockage in arteries that supply blood to the heart which is a condition known as coronary heart disease.
Q) Does HYDRALAZINE cause palpitations?
A) Yes, HYDRALAZINE might cause palpitations. If you experience unusual or irregular heartbeat, do not panic and please contact the doctor. However, not everyone who takes HYDRALAZINE experience palpitations.
Q) How is HYDRALAZINE stored?
A) HYDRALAZINE is stored at room temperature and below 30°C. Keep HYDRALAZINE away from children and direct sunlight. Please do not store HYDRALAZINE after the expiry date, which is given on the label.