GLICLAZIDE: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT GLICLAZIDE
GLICLAZIDE is used to lower blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes patients in association with change in diet and lifestyle modification.
• Swelling (face, tongue, throat and lips)
• Breathing difficulties
• Hypoglycemia (sudden dip in blood glucose levels)
• Stomach upset
• Stomach pain
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR GLICLAZIDE
• Take GLICLAZIDE before meals with a glass of water. Try and adhere to a fix time to take this medicine for best results.
• Remember to regularly monitor your blood sugar levels despite medicine intake.
• A low- carbohydrate healthy diet and 45 mins of brisk walk daily along with GLICLAZIDE has been found to give very good results in people with diabetes.
• Before driving or performing any strenuous activity after taking GLICLAZIDE make sure your blood glucose levels are in good control.
• Do not hesitate to speak with a doctor if you experience sudden hazy vision, yellowing of skin, shaky hands, dizziness, extreme anxiousness, severe stomach pain and profuse sweating.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Does GLICLAZIDE cure diabetes ? A. Diabetes is an endocrine disorder and it is a life -long condition. Research for its cure is still in progress. However, GLICLAZIDE along with a healthy lifestyle may help in preventing the onset of diabetes in people with borderline diabetes.
Q. Is GLICLAZIDE Safe to take ? A. Yes, one can take GLICLAZIDE Safely when prescribed by a diabetologist/endocrinologist.
Q. Does GLICLAZIDE cause stomach pain? A. No, GLICLAZIDE does not usually cause stomach pain. However, there have been some reported complains of stomach pain along with GLICLAZIDE. If you are experiencing pain take a mild painkiller and wait for the pain to subside. In case of severe stomach pain inform the doctor instantly he/she will guide you whether to stop the medicine or not.
Q. Can I get a swelling in the face because of GLICLAZIDE? A. Yes, there have been reported cases of facial swelling (oedema). Allergic reactions such as swellings and rashes do occur sometimes while taking GLICLAZIDE. Inform your doctor and do not consume the next dose until you are feeling better.
Q. Can GLICLAZIDE cause drowsiness? A. GLICLAZIDE is not associated with inducing sleep and drowsiness. Check your blood glucose and pressure levels to rule out other medical conditions inducing drowsiness.