Gemifloxacin Mesylate: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE
GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE uses
GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE belongs to the class of fluoroquinolone antibiotics. GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE is used to treat certain types of infections caused by bacteria.
• Stomach pain
• Nausea and Vomiting
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE
• Take GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE irrespective of meals at about the same time each day. You are advised to drink plenty of fluids while you are taking GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE.
• Avoid heavy meals while taking GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE it will affect the way the medicine works and you may also experience stomach upset with GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE, avoid dairy and milk products. Take light, and non-spicy meals.
• Avoid taking GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE if you have or ever had a severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic called fluoroquinolone.
• GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE is not recommended for children below 18 years until and unless prescribed by a child specialist.
• Check with your doctor if you are planning to conceive or are pregnant. Breast-feeding mothers are also advised not to take GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE without consulting a doctor.
• Complete the full course of antibiotic and do not leave it in the mid-way despite symptomatic relief.
• Keep your doctor informed about your past history before taking GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE especially if you have tendon, nerve problems, bradycardia, irregular heartbeat, kidney problems and seizures.
• Inform you doctor if you are taking other medicines such as blood thinner, erythromycin, quinidine or sotalol before taking GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE.
• Do not hesitate to contact your doctor if you are experiencing sudden onset of rashes or swelling in the face, lips, mouth, throat or entire body
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE work? A) GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic which is used to treat several bacterial infections in the body. GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE works by inhibiting bacterial enzyme DNA gyrase which is essential for DNA replication and repair thereby kills bacteria and treats infection.
Q) Can I give GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE to children? A) GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE should not be given to children under 18 years of age. Children may have a high chances of getting bone, joint, or tendon problems such as pain or swelling while taking GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE.
Q) Does GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE cure flu? A) No, antibiotics such as GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE will not work for flu or other viral infections. Using antibiotics when they are not needed may increase your risk of getting infection that resists antibiotic treatment.
Q) Can I take antacids with GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE? A) Always check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE with any antacids, multivitamin or other medicines containing magnesium, aluminum, iron, or zinc. There are known drug-drug interactions which can make GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE less effective when taken together. Take GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE either 2 hours before or 3 hours after taking these medications.
Q) Can I take sucralfate with GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE? A) Always check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE with any sucralfate. There are known drug-drug interactions which can make GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE less effective when taken together. Take GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE either 2 hours before or 3 hours after taking sucralfate.
Q) What precautions should I take while on GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE? A) GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE can make you feel dizzy and lightheaded. You are advised not drive, operate machinery, or do other activities that require mental alertness or coordination. GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE can also make your skin sensitive to the sun and the light from sunlamps and tanning beds. So, it is advised to avoid sunlamps, tanning beds, and try to limit your time in the sun. One can get severe sunburn, blisters or swelling of the skin when exposed to sunlight. Seek medical immediately if you get any of these symptoms while on GEMIFLOXACIN MESYLATE. You are advised to use sunscreen and wear hat and clothes that cover your skin if you must be in sunlight.