Fluoxetine Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT FLUOXETINE
FLUOXETINE is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (antidepressants). FLUOXETINE is used to treat depression and anxiety disorders.
• Difficulty in sleeping
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLUOXETINE
• Do not self-medicate. Take it only when prescribed by a doctor.
• FLUOXETINE should be taken as per doctor's instructions. It is best to take it in the day time as FLUOXETINE may cause sleeplessness if taken in the night.
• FLUOXETINE is comparatively safer drug for geriatric patients (old age) with mental disorders as this drug is not heart damaging.
• Do not hesitate to speak with your doctor if you have trouble in swallowing or breathing, swelling of eyelids, face or lips, rashes, amnesia, jaundice, violent or inappropriate behaviour, nightmares, hallucinations, delusions, restlessness and agitation.
• Also tell your doctor if you have a history of depression or any other mental disorder, hospitalized for mental illnesses, drug or alcohol addiction before taking medicines for severe anxiety.
• You are recommended not to take alcohol along with FLUOXETINE. Together they bring up very unpleasant side effects.
• Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should discuss with their doctor compulsorily before taking it.
• Enrolling in activities like yoga, swimming, dancing etc can help in overcoming depression and anxiety. Additionally, breathing exercises (pranayams) have shown remarkable effects in coping up with depression and anxiety.
• FLUOXETINE belongs to a class of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used for relieving pain and inflammation in the body. It is commonly used to ease pain and stiffness in the joints, tendons and muscles such as osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What is FLUOXETINE used for?
A. FLUOXETINE belongs to a group of drugs called antidepressants. It works on brain cells and helps in calming down your anxiety and lifting your spirits from depression. It is used to treat depression, anxiety disorders, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder.
Q. What if I take more than the prescribed dose?
A. If you take more than the prescribed dose, inform your family members/friends and call your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital. Take the medicine strip or bottle with you, even if it is empty or distorted. Do not panic if you experience dizziness, tremor, agitation, irregular heartbeat, nausea and coma, convulsions, low blood pressure. Your doctors will ensure your symptoms to subside.
Q. What if I forget to take FLUOXETINE?
A. If you forget to take FLUOXETINE, skip that dose and take the regular dose the next time. Do not take the forgotten dose with the prescribed dose. It may cause increase the effect of FLUOXETINE and cause side effects.
Q. When can I stop taking FLUOXETINE?
A. Always check with your doctor before stopping the medicine. It is important not to stop taking FLUOXETINE suddenly. Do not worry if you experience withdrawal symptoms such as dizziness, sleep problems, anxiety, headache, tremor, confusion, irritation, diarrhoea, blurred vision, palpitations. If you experience any of those symptoms, speak with your doctor.
Q. Can I take FLUOXETINE with omeprazole?
A. No, it is not safe to take FLUOXETINE with omeprazole. It may result in increased levels of drug in the blood.
Q. Is it safe to give FLUOXETINE to children?
A. No, it may not be safe to treat children with FLUOXETINE. If the doctor prescribes FLUOXETINE to your kid, talk to him about the safety of using FLUOXETINE in children.