FLUNARIZINE: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT FLUNARIZINE
FLUNARIZINE belongs to the class of calcium channel blockers. FLUNARIZINE is used to treat migraine headaches.
• Weight gain
• Blocked or runny nose
• Increased appetite
• Feeling low or depressed
• Stomach pain
• Muscle aches
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLUNARIZINE
• Take FLUNARIZINE after meals to avoid stomach irritation.
• Inform your doctor if you have been told you are allergic to certain sugars as FLUNARIZINE contains lactose as it may lead to adverse effects such as nausea, diarrhoea, gas, abdominal cramps and bloating.
• You are recommended to avoid taking more than the prescribed dose as it will lead to increased risk of side effects.
• If you have any history of recurrent depression or suffering from parkinson's disease, you are advised not to take FLUNARIZINE.
• Consult your doctor immediately if you notice any swelling of mouth, lips, face, tongue or throat leading to difficulty in breathing or swallowing as this may be due to a serious allergic reaction.
• Drive only if you are alert as FLUNARIZINE may make you drowsy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does FLUNARIZINE work? A. FLUNARIZINE is a calcium channel blocker used in the treatment of migraine headaches. FLUNARIZINE works by blocking the entry of calcium into the blood vessels thereby, helps blood vessels to relax and widen for easy blood flow and lowers blood pressure.
Q. Does FLUNARIZINE cause weight gain? A. Yes, FLUNARIZINE may cause weight gain due to increased appetite. Maintain your regular diet and if there is unexpected weight gain, please consult your doctor.
Q. Can I take diazepam with FLUNARIZINE? A. No, you are advised to avoid taking diazepam with FLUNARIZINE as it may lead to adverse effects. However, consult your doctor before taking FLUNARIZINE.
Q. Can I take FLUNARIZINE with atenolol? A. No, you not advised to take FLUNARIZINE with atenolol as it may lead to adverse effects such as low blood pressure and slow heart rate. However, you are advised to consult your doctor for dose adjustment if required.