Fluconazole: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT FLUCONAZOLE
FLUCONAZOLE is an antifungal agent. FLUCONAZOLE is used to treat fungal skin infections.
No alarming reactions are reported
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLUCONAZOLE
• Use FLUCONAZOLE as prescribed by your doctor.
• Read the label carefully before use.
• You are advised to wash your hands before and after dusting FLUCONAZOLE or use disposable gloves.
• It is advised to keep the affected area clean and dry.
• You are recommended to sprinkle FLUCONAZOLE on the infected area.
• Avoid excessive rubbing and do not scratch the infected area as it may damage the infected area and infection may spread further.
• Do not share towels, toiletries, bath mats etc. with others as this could spread the infection.
• If FLUCONAZOLE accidentally gets into your eyes or mouth, then rinse it off with water thoroughly and consult a doctor.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does FLUCONAZOLE work? A. FLUCONAZOLE works by inhibiting essential component of fungal cell membranes i.e., ergosterol. Cell membranes play essential role for the survival of fungi and cell membrane disintegration leading to fungal death which results in clearing the infection.
Q. Does FLUCONAZOLE treat ringworm? A. Yes, FLUCONAZOLE treats ringworm. Ringworm is a common infection caused by parasitic molds (fungi). FLUCONAZOLE along with other antifungal creams clears the infection by inhibiting essential component of fungal cell membranes.
Q. Can I stop FLUCONAZOLE on my own? A. No, you are advised to use FLUCONAZOLE as long as your doctor has asked you to use it. This is because FLUCONAZOLE when stopped in the midway can lead to recurring of infections with greater intensity. Even if your symptoms improve before the medicine course is complete, do not stop or skip FLUCONAZOLE as it may also increase your risk of further infection and antifungal resistance.
Q. How to store FLUCONAZOLE? A. Store below 25°C and keep out of reach and sight of children. Please dispose the expired medicine as suggested by the pharmacist.