FEXOFENADINE: Uses, Dosage, Side effects, Composition & more - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT FEXOFENADINE
FEXOFENADINE is an antihistamine. FEXOFENADINE is used for treating the symptoms of seasonal allergies which may include runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing etc and to treat Urticaria namely skin rashes, hives and bumps.
• Painful menstruation
• Pain in the arms and legs
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR FEXOFENADINE
• Take FEXOFENADINE with or without food. However, light and non spicy meals are recommended while on a long term treatment with FEXOFENADINE.
•Take it in prescribed dosage do not exceed recommended dosage and time duration.
• Children below 12 years should not be given until and unless prescribed by a skin/child specialist.
• Taking fruit juices like apple and orange juice along with FEXOFENADINE may cause unpleasant side effects and reduced drug efficacy.
• If you have or had any history of heart, kidney or liver disorder, keep your doctor informed before taking FEXOFENADINE.
• Incase you feel any discomfort, nausea or increase in symptoms while taking FEXOFENADINE speak with your doctor instantly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does FEXOFENADINE work? A. FEXOFENADINE works by blocking certain natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction. Hence one gets symptomatic relief from allergies.
Q. Are there any food or drinks I need to avoid while taking FEXOFENADINE? A. Yes, there are reported interactions with certain fruit juices such as it is not suggested to drink orange juice or apple juice while taking FEXOFENADINE. It might bring out unwanted side effects and interfere with drug effectiveness.
Q.What is the difference between FEXOFENADINE and other antihistamine? A. FEXOFENADINE is known as a non-drowsy antihistamine. FEXOFENADINE is less likely to make you feel sleepy than other antihistamines. Mostly, people prefer to take a non-drowsy antihistamine instead of a sedating one because the sedative one causes hinderances in our day to day life.
Q. Can I take FEXOFENADINE with paracetamol? A. Yes, you can take FEXOFENADINE with mild pain killers such as paracetamol for body pain and fever. However, do not take it unnecessarily for a long time.
Q. Does FEXOFENADINE cause weight gain? A. No, FEXOFENADINE is not known to cause weight gain. Please consult your doctor if you see any changes in your weight after using FEXOFENADINE.