Etoricoxib: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT ETORICOXIB
ETORICOXIB belongs to a class of non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs used for relieving pain and inflammation in the body. It is commonly used to ease pain and stiffness in the joints, tendons and muscles such as osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis.
• Stomach pain
• Headache and dizziness
• Rapid heart beat
• Increased blood pressure
• Nausea and vomiting
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ETORICOXIB
• Take ETORICOXIB without food or as advised by your doctor.
• Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines for blood pressure, diabetes, painkiller, antacids, steroids, antibiotics and anticoagulants (blood-thinning).
• Take it with caution specifically if you have known Heart, kidney and liver diseases.
• Driving and strenuous activity to be taken up only when you feel you are alert enough to take up these activities.
• Do not hesitate to speak with a doctor if your blood pressure has shot up suddenly.
• Please do not take more than prescribed ETORICOXIB as it may cause some very serious adverse effects.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Can ETORICOXIB cause ulcers ? A. Yes, misuse of ETORICOXIB may cause stomach ulcers and gastrointestinal bleeding take the medicine only when prescribed. You are recommended stop the medicine if you experience blood in stool or vomit. Inform your doctor.
Q. Does ETORICOXIB cause fertility issues ? A. No, ETORICOXIB itself does not cause fertility issues. But it is not advisable for women to take ETORICOXIB while attempting to conceive because this drug may cause harm to mother and the unborn child.
Q. Does dosage of ETORICOXIB need to be adjusted when given to elderly patients ? A. No, dose need not be adjusted as compared to adults it is a Safe drug. However, one should check for kidney, liver and blood pressure conditions in elderly people before giving ETORICOXIB to them.
Q. What is the right dose for patients with liver diseases ? A. Your doctor will prescribe the correct dose depending upon your liver condition. However, people with mild liver conditions can take 60mg a day.