by Wallace Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Sold By Channel partners and fulfiled by Zoylo.com
Composition of EMESAFE SYRUP
Unsafe when combined with alcohol. Follow your physician's advice.
- Safe and does not interfere with the ability to drive
- Safe for pregnant women
- Safe for lactating women
- Safe for patients with kidney disease.
In case of any Itching, redness, swelling or difficulty in breathing please refer to a physician or hospital immediately.
ONDANSETRON 2 MG
Uses of EMESAFE SYRUP
EMESAFE SYRUP belongs to a class of anti-emetics. EMESAFE SYRUP is extremely beneficial to patients receiving chemotherapy or radiation as it helps to prevent nausea and vomiting in patients. EMESAFE SYRUP also prevents nausea and vomiting after surgery for adults only.
Special Instructions for EMESAFE SYRUP
• Avoid mixing EMESAFE SYRUP with anything (not even water) before swallowing it.
• Take EMESAFE SYRUP at least half an hour before food. EMESAFE SYRUP works well if taken at appropriate intervals.
• In case of vomiting immediately after taking EMESAFE SYRUP, take the medicine again for effective treatment.
• While undergoing therapy/ radiation, don’t worry if you feel like vomiting as it is one of the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. If you experience non-stop vomiting along with abdominal pain, immediately bring it to your doctor’s notice.
• Do not stop taking EMESAFE SYRUP on your own even if you feel better. The doctor will prescribe a course between 3-10 days for effective treatment with EMESAFE SYRUP.
• Before taking EMESAFE SYRUP, inform your doctor if you have ever had heart problems like congestive heart failure, uneven heartbeat, liver problems, blockage in your gut or if you have problems with the levels of salts in your blood like potassium, sodium and magnesium.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
Antibiotics Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of EMESAFE SYRUP on patients allergic to antibiotics. Follow your physician's advice.
Anticoagulants EMESAFE SYRUP is risky for patients allergic to anticoagulants. Follow your physician's advice.
Pain Killers EMESAFE SYRUP is risky for patients allergic to pain killers. Follow your physician's advice.
Chemotherapy drugs EMESAFE SYRUP is safe for patients allergic to chemo drugs.
Anticonvulsants Insufficient scientific evidence for impact of EMESAFE SYRUP on patients allergic to anticonvulsants. Follow your physician's advice.
Sulfa Drugs EMESAFE SYRUP is risky for patients allergic to sulpha drugs. Follow your physician's advice.
INTERACTION WITH COMMON CONDITIONS
safe for kidney EMESAFE SYRUP is safe for patients with kidney disease.
safe for pregnancy EMESAFE SYRUP is safe for pregnant women.
unknown for heart Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of EMESAFE SYRUP on cardiac patients. Follow your physician's advice.
unknown for liver Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of EMESAFE SYRUP on liver patients. Follow your physician's advice.
safe for lactation EMESAFE SYRUP is safe for lactating women.
unknown for children Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of EMESAFE SYRUP on children. Follow your physician's advice.
safe for seniors EMESAFE SYRUP is safe for elderly patients.
Smoking EMESAFE SYRUP is unsafe when combined with nicotine. Follow your physician's advice.
Caffeine Insufficient scienticfic evidence for impact of EMESAFE SYRUP on driving. Follow your physician's advice.
Vision EMESAFE SYRUP does not affect vision.
Overdose Overdose of EMESAFE SYRUP is highly unsafe. Seek emergency medical attention.
Driving EMESAFE SYRUP does not interfere with the ability to drive.
Exercise exer safe EMESAFE SYP
Operating Heavy Machinery EMESAFE SYRUP does not interfere with the ability to operate heavy machinery.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does EMESAFE SYRUP help? A) EMESAFE SYRUP helps by blocking the action of serotonin, a natural substance that causes nausea and vomiting. Usually after chemotherapy, patients feel highly nauseated, taking EMESAFE SYRUP can make them feel better.
Q) Can I take EMESAFE SYRUP daily? A) No, EMESAFE SYRUP is a strong drug with certain side effects. You are advised to take EMESAFE SYRUP as prescribed by your doctor. If you take too much ondansetron, you may have severe constipation, low blood pressure, or other heart related problems.
Q) Does EMESAFE SYRUP cause constipation? A) Yes, EMESAFE SYRUP is known to cause severe constipation. If you experience severe constipation, you may consider taking a laxative or suppositories to aid in bowel movement. Do not forcefully pass stool, doing this may cause anal muscle injuries and further complications. Discuss with your doctor about suppositories and laxatives.
Q) Does EMESAFE SYRUP makes you feel sleepy? A) Yes, usually drugs that control nausea or treat diarrhea can make you feel sleepy. Dont engage in something which requires mental and physical coordination such as driving etc. For best results take ample rest.
Q) Which medicines I should not take with EMESAFE SYRUP? A) Some medicines may reduce the effect/interact with EMESAFE SYRUP or may cause serious side-effects when given at the same time such as carbamazepine, rifampicin, erythromycin or ketoconazole, tramadol, haloperidol or methadone, anthracyclines and trastuzumab, fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, citalopram, escitalopram, venlafaxine, duloxetine. So, always inform and check with your doctor before taking EMESAFE SYRUP with other medications.
Q) How to store EMESAFE SYRUP? A) Do not store EMESAFE SYRUP above 30°C and keep it away from heat and sunlight. Store it in room temperature and do not freeze it. Keep out of the reach and sight of the children.