Drotaverine: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT DROTAVERINE
DROTAVERINE is an antispasmodic medicine. DROTAVERINE used to treat menstrual pain and abdominal pain. DROTAVERINE relieves pain due to smooth muscle spasm.
• Nausea and Vomiting
• Fall in blood pressure
• Dry mouth
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DROTAVERINE
• Take DROTAVERINE 20 minutes before a meal.
• Avoid taking DROTAVERINE if you have severe impairment of liver or kidney function and heart failure.
• Breast-feeding and pregnant women are advised not to take DROTAVERINEwithout consulting a doctor.
• DROTAVERINE may cause dizziness and vertigo due to hypotension as side effect. Do not drive or use any machines or tools until the dizziness/ vertigo goes away.
• Seek medical help immediately if you experience any allergic reactions.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medication or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q) How does DROTAVERINE work?
A. DROTAVERINE is a spasmolytic agent which works by inhibiting the PDE4 enzymes and restores the balance of cyclic AMP and calcium ions at the site of spasm at smooth muscles.
Q) Is DROTAVERINE safe on overdosage?
A. No, do not overdose on any medication. If you mistakenly took too much of DROTAVERINE, seek emergency medical help. You may experience symptoms such as stomach discomfort, nausea and vomiting, increased heart rate and fall in blood pressure
Q) Which medicines interact with DROTAVERINE?
A. Some medicines may reduce the effect of DROTAVERINE or interact with DROTAVERINE or cause serious side-effects when given at same time such as Atropine, Diclofenac, Levodopa and Diazepam. So, always inform and check with your doctor before taking DROTAVERINE with other medications.
Q) Can I stop taking DROTAVERINE my own?
A. No, you are advised to take DROTAVERINE as long as your doctor has asked you to take it. This is because if you do not continue with the full course your symptoms may return. Hence take the full course even after symptomatic relief. Do not stop DROTAVERINE unless your doctor advises.