Doxepin Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT DOXEPIN
DOXEPIN belongs to the class of tricyclic antidepressants. DOXEPIN is used to treat depression.
• Dry mouth
• Blurred vision
• Difficulty in urination
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOXEPIN
• Take DOXEPIN irrespective of the meals daily at the same time for best results.
• You are recommended to avoid drinking alcohol while taking DOXEPIN as it may increase drowsiness.
• If you have any self-harming or suicidal thoughts, please consult a doctor immediately as these may be increased initially while taking DOXEPIN.
• If you are about to undergo any dental surgery, you are advised to inform your dentist that you are taking DOXEPIN.
• Drive only if you are alert as DOXEPIN may cause drowsiness, dizziness or affect alertness.
• Inform your doctor if you have fits, kidney, liver or heart problems before taking DOXEPIN.
• Bring to your doctor’s notice about all the ongoing medications before taking DOXEPIN.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does DOXEPIN work? A. DOXEPIN is an antidepressant. DOXEPIN works by enhancing the activity of natural chemicals in the brain called serotonin and noradrenaline involved in regulating mood, behavior and emotions. Thereby, helps in treating depression.
Q. Can I take DOXEPIN with cimetidine? A. No, you are not recommended to take DOXEPIN with cimetidine as it may increase the levels of DOXEPIN in blood and result in adverse effects such as nervousness, irregular heartbeat, anxiety, difficulty in sleeping, weakness or dizziness. However, please consult a doctor before using DOXEPIN with other medicines.
Q. Does DOXEPIN cause weight gain? A. Yes, DOXEPIN may cause weight gain as their appetite (hunger) returns. Generally, when people are depressed, they may lose their appetite. Also, depression may lead to extreme tiredness and inactivity. As a result, lack of any physical activity may also cause weight gain. Therefore, regular physical activity and healthy diet are recommended while taking DOXEPIN. However, if you notice abnormal or unusual weight gain, please consult a doctor immediately.
Q. Does DOXEPIN cause drowsiness? A. Yes, DOXEPIN may cause drowsiness. Hence, it is recommended to take DOXEPIN at bedtime and avoid driving if you feel drowsy after taking DOXEPIN.
Q. Is DOXEPIN safe for children? A. No, DOXEPIN is not recommended for children below 12 years as the safety and effectiveness were not established. However, consult a doctor before using DOXEPIN.
Q. Can I stop taking DOXEPIN on my own? A. No, you are not recommended to stop taking DOXEPIN on your own even if you find symptomatic relief as it may result in recurring depression and withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, excessive sweating and difficulty in sleeping. However, please consult a doctor if you experience any discomfort while taking DOXEPIN.