Docetaxel: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT DOCETAXEL
DOCETAXEL is an anti-cancer agent which belongs to the class of taxoids. DOCETAXEL is used to treat various types of cancers such as lung, breast, prostate, gastric or neck and head cancer.
• Loss of appetite
• Muscle or joint pains
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOCETAXEL
• Do not self-administer. DOCETAXEL is given by a doctor or nurse.
• If you are suffering from severe liver disease or have low WBC (White blood cells) count, you are recommended to avoid taking DOCETAXEL.
• You are advised to regularly have blood tests in order to evaluate the white blood cells count and liver functioning before taking DOCETAXEL.
• Inform your doctor if you notice blood in stool, fever, stomach pain or diarrhea while taking DOCETAXEL as these might be signs of serious gastrointestinal toxicity.
• You are recommended to use an effective contraceptive method in order to avoid pregnancy while taking DOCETAXEL because DOCETAXEL might be injurious for the unborn baby.
• Bring to your doctor’s notice, if you have any vision or heart problems before taking DOCETAXEL.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does DOCETAXEL work? A. DOCETAXEL is an anticancer agent. DOCETAXEL works by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells in the body and is used to treat breast, lungs, head or neck and prostate cancers.
Q. How is DOCETAXEL administered? A. DOCETAXEL is usually given as an intravenous (into a vein) infusion in the hospital by a doctor or nurse.
Q. Does DOCETAXEL cause hair loss? A. Yes, DOCETAXEL may cause hair loss. However, hair loss may be temporary or permanent.
Q. Can DOCETAXEL cause allergic reactions? A. Yes, DOCETAXEL may cause allergic reactions such as tightness in chest, fever, itching, difficulty in breathing, swelling of the legs, hands or feet in patients who are allergic to DOCETAXEL. If you notice any of these symptoms, immediately consult a doctor.
Q. Is dexamethasone used with DOCETAXEL? A. Yes, dexamethasone is recommended to use before taking DOCETAXEL to prevent fluid retention and certain allergic reactions. However, consult a doctor before using other medicines with DOCETAXEL.