Desvenlafaxine: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT DESVENLAFAXINE
DESVENLAFAXINE belongs to a group of antidepressants called Serotonin Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor (SNRI). DESVENLAFAXINE is used to treat and prevent major depressive disorder.
• Dry mouth
• Difficulty sleeping
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DESVENLAFAXINE
• Take DESVENLAFAXINE with or without food and as prescribed by your doctor.
• DESVENLAFAXINE is used for few weeks to improve the mood. You should continue taking DESVENLAFAXINE to prevent recurrence of depressive symptoms.
• Monitor your blood pressure regularly as DESVENLAFAXINE may affect blood pressure.
• DESVENLAFAXINE is usually not recommended for children and adolescents as there is not enough information about the Safety and efficacy.
• Pregnant women or woman trying to conceive are recommended to avoid taking DESVENLAFAXINE because it can cause serious abnormalities to new-born babies like rapid breathing, breathing difficulties, lack of oxygen in the blood, seizures, physical and/or behavioural problems, diarrhoea and vomiting.
• Elderly people should take DESVENLAFAXINE with caution as they may suffer from side effects more likely.
• Keep a check on your weight while on treatment with DESVENLAFAXINE as DESVENLAFAXINE may cause weight loss or weight gain.
• Do not hesitate to inform your doctor if you have thoughts of self-harm or infliction to yourself, there could be a remote possibility to have these thoughts when you start taking antidepressants initially.
• Enrolling in activities like yoga, swimming, dancing etc. can help in overcoming depression and anxiety. Additionally, breathing exercises (pranayama) have shown remarkable effects in coping up with depression and anxiety.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does DESVENLAFAXINE work? A. DESVENLAFAXINE helps by enhancing mood-enhancing chemical (serotonin & noradrenaline) levels in the brain. DESVENLAFAXINE improves mood, sleep, energy levels and appetite and thereby helps in calming down your anxiety and lifting your spirits from depression.
Q. Can I take DESVENLAFAXINE with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (antidepressant)? A. No, you are advised to not to take DESVENLAFAXINE with monoamine oxidase inhibitors because together they can cause serious life-threatening conditions like agitation, confusion, stomach or bowel symptoms, restlessness, an extremely high blood pressure, high body temperature or severe seizures.
Q. Can I consume alcohol while taking DESVENLAFAXINE? A. No, you are advised not to drink alcohol while you are on DESVENLAFAXINE medication. Alcohol with DESVENLAFAXINE may worsen the symptoms of low mood, so you are strongly recommended to avoid alcohol along with DESVENLAFAXINE as much as possible.
Q. What is the best time to take DESVENLAFAXINE? A. DESVENLAFAXINE should be taken as per doctor's instructions. Taking DESVENLAFAXINE during bedtime is beneficial as it induces sleepiness and drowsiness. But if you are doctor has asked you to take DESVENLAFAXINE twice a day then please follow doctor's instructions.
Q. Does DESVENLAFAXINE cause hair loss? A. No, DESVENLAFAXINE does not cause hair loss but if you experience persistent hair loss then speak to your doctor instantly without any further delay.