Desloratadine Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT DESLORATADINE
DESLORATADINE belongs to a class known as antihistamines. It is used to control the symptoms of allergic rhinitis and urticaria.
• Dry mouth
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DESLORATADINE
• Take DESLORATADINE with or without food daily at same time for best results.
• DESLORATADINE is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
• While on DESLORATADINE medication avoid alcohol consumption as alcohol increases the risk of DESLORATADINE side effects.
• Before going for skin prick or patch tests (diagnose allergies), you should stop taking DESLORATADINE before 48h as DESLORATADINE may alter test results because it reduces skin reactions that indicate an allergy.
• During the treatment, your doctor will regularly monitor to check the development with DESLORATADINE treatment.
• Pregnant women, women trying to conceive and breast-feeding mothers are recommended to check with the doctor before taking DESLORATADINE.
• Consult your doctor immediately if you have difficulty in breathing, itching, wheezing, swelling and hives as they are the symptoms of severe allergic reactions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does DESLORATADINE work?
A. DESLORATADINE is very effective in arresting a wide spectrum of allergies. DESLORATADINE acts as a highly selective antagonist of the histamine H1 receptor. When allergic reactions occur in the body, it produces a chemical called "histamines". DESLORATADINE helps in arresting the histamines as it is an antihistamine and brings relief from allergies.
Q. Does DESLORATADINE cause drowsiness?
A. No, DESLORATADINE does not cause drowsiness because DESLORATADINE is a non-sedating antihistamine as it does not cross the brain. So, its’s not likely to cause drowsiness. However, some people may experience drowsiness very rarely.You are recommended to be alert while driving and performing any strenuous activity.
Q. Can I use DESLORATADINE to treat cold?
A. DESLORATADINE is not the first line medicine to treat cold but it is extensively used to treat cold or allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, or runny nose. Do not take it for more than 2-3 days if you don’t get relief. See a doctor if your symptoms persist.
Q. Can I take DESLORATADINE with histamine dihydrochloride (used in the treatment of leukaemia)?
A. No, you are recommended not to take DESLORATADINE while using histamine dihydrochloride because DESLORATADINE blocks histamine dihydrochloride activity as it is an antihistamine. Thus, you should not take DESLORATADINE to avoid any hindrance in leukaemia treatment.
Q. How to manage and treat allergies?
A. You are recommended to identify and avoid allergy triggers. Take antihistamine rich food like cauliflower, broccoli, pineapple, berries, black tea, peppers etc. and take antihistamine medication as prescribed by your doctor.