Danazol Tablet: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Composition & More - Zoylo
INFORMATION ABOUT DANAZOL
DANAZOL belongs to a group of medicines called antigonadotropins. It is used to treat endometriosis, menorrhagia, fibrocystic breast disease and hereditary angioedema.
• Weight gain
• Hair loss
• Visual disturbance
• Irregular periods
It is not necessary for all people to experience the above side-effects.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DANAZOL
• Take DANAZOL with or without food daily at same time as directed by your doctor for best results.
• DANAZOL is usually given on the first day of your period to prevent pregnancy because DANAZOL may harm unborn baby.
• DANAZOL is not recommended for children, adolescents and elderly.
• Consumption of alcohol along with DANAZOL is not recommended as it may cause dyspnea (shortness of breath) or make you feel sick.
• Routinely get your liver function tests done to check for proper functioning of the liver.
• Be cautious while driving and engaging in activities which require mental and physical coordination. DANAZOL can cause mild dizziness and vision disturbance.
• Always keep your doctor informed about the ongoing medications or the ones which you have taken in the past, including over-the-counter medicines and herbal medicines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How does DANAZOL work? A. DANAZOL lowers production of gonadotrophin hormones and treats disorders associated with hormonal disturbances.
Q. When should I expect my period after taking DANAZOL? A. DANAZOL blocks estrogen hormone production (involved in menstrual cycle regulation) and induce artificial menopause. After finishing the course, women will resume menstruating and ovulating within 4-6 weeks. If your regular monthly period does not start within 4-6 weeks, then consult your doctor immediately.
Q. Can I take oral contraceptives with DANAZOL? A. No, you are advised not to take DANAZOL with oral contraceptives because effect of both medicines may be altered if taken together. You are advised to use other means of contraception like condoms/coils while you are on DANAZOL.
Q. Is DANAZOL a steroid? A. Yes, DANAZOL is a synthetic steroid. It acts on the pituitary gland and ovaries and prevents the release of gonadotrophin hormones in the body to treat disorders that are associated with hormonal disturbances.
Q. Is DANAZOL safe? A. Yes, DANAZOL is safe and effective to use when it is taken as directed by your doctor. High dose of DANAZOL for long period of time might cause increased acne, weight gain or facial hair growth, breast changes or menstrual problems. So, you are advised to take as prescribed by your doctor.